Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Road trip for the Duster... ((VIDS INSIDE))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road trip for the Duster... ((VIDS INSIDE))

Well, decided to take the new combo on the road for a total of about 400 miles over the long Turkey w/e. Went up to Daytona for the Turkey Run, its about 150 miles each way, plus a bunch of driving around town for 3 days. The new Predator cylinder head combo is the ONLY one thats ever been on the street, to date.. We had NO info to work off of, we were flying by the seat of our pants on this one. The new combo has a ton more camshaft and spring in it, but as usual, Comp Cams came through with a reliable package.

The girlfriend and I took the 150 mile trip up alone Thanksgiving night, but the trip back was with a buddy of mine w/ a s/b powered Chevy II, its a beautiful full tube chassis car that should be down in the mid to low 8s on the spray. Here is a couple vids of us leaving Daytona Sunday. Neither one of us had any real problems, although he had less then half the driving on his them I had on mine, he had his towed up by a flatbed, he didn't want to spend the $300.00 for the tow back, he had another car that he trailered up that he thought he would sell, but didn't, that left him w/o a trailer for the Nova/Chevy II..

Re: Road trip for the Duster... ((VIDS INSIDE))

Eddie, you going to fill out an application for the PGD '08? It's good to see big inch motors driving around and not being trailered!

Comment

Originally posted by mopower58
      Eddie, you going to fill out an application for the PGD '08? It's good to see big inch motors driving around and not being trailered!
      Naaa.. They don't want cut up junk like mine with a jungle jim in it.. They want cars that "look" like something that anyone could own, but reality being most never will.. They WILL pick cars that look like street cars, but have a difficult time making the 20 mile drive. lol

My place is Drag Week when it comes to any event that HR does.. I won't even enter in the PGDs.

Comment

I guess your right they wanted a street car not a cut up race car

Comment

Originally posted by bbnova
          I guess your right they wanted a street car not a cut up race car
          "Street" car it is, I prove that ALL the time. It might not be your vision of it, but it is a street car. When I ran the PGDs I had NO problem making the trip, while all the guys crying foul are the ones that couldn't make the little 20 mile drive. lol

Comment

Gee I would have thought you would have been at DW to prove that. lol

Comment

Gee I would have thought you would have been at DW to prove that. lol
              We tried, just ran outta time.. rebuilt a WHOLE car in 10 weeks, including paint, engine, transmission, and update the chassis to current 25.4 specs.. We just fell hours short. The car was in the trailer, we were 4 hours north and got the call from Jerry Pitt that they were gonna make no concessions regarding the cutoff, so we turned around and came home.

Comment

So why would he make concessions for you all the others got there cars done in time
                and got to the track in time.

Comment

So why would he make concessions for you all the others got there cars done in time
                  and got to the track in time.
                  He shouldn't, but gotta ask, we were on the road, but doing the math there was no way we woulda made it before the cutoff sunday.. We coulda' been in sunday evening, and been there for mon. am..

Comment

I coulda made a concession to Eddie and everyone else would have been really pissed.

C'mon Eddie, you said there was no way you could make it in time. HOT ROD chose to enforce the cutoff time.

Maybe next year we'll be closer. A lot closer.

-jp

Comment

Like maybe you have all year to get ready!

Comment

Originally posted by doughboy2
                        I coulda made a concession to Eddie and everyone else would have been really pissed.

C'mon Eddie, you said there was no way you could make it in time. HOT ROD chose to enforce the cutoff time.

Maybe next year we'll be closer. A lot closer.

-jp
                        I don't think I was complaining... ???

Comment

True, you weren't.

Comment

Working...
                          X