Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Hot Rod:You LS Lovers will Get a Chubbie......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hot Rod:You LS Lovers will Get a Chubbie......

But being a Ford Guy I have to comment on the little side bar from Ford.

Hey looky we got the new 5.0 Coyote....bla,bla bla....

The fact still remains,Chevy has it all over us that darn mod motor WILL NOT FIT IN A SHOCK TOWER CAR!
    The Fox Guys will love it but us early guys only get to have pushrods unless we want to start cutting large chunks of structural sheet metal.

Re: New Hot Rod:You LS Lovers will Get a Chubbie......

Don't tell me nobody gets Hot Rod in the mail.

Sorry LS dudes,I'm just getting a little overwhelmed by all the coverage they get.

That and Ford acting as if the new 5.0 will lead us Ford Guys into the Green future...

Hello it don't fit!

Comment

My new HR hasn't made it yet. Let's see if it shows up before I'm outta here...
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I loved the oddball LS swaps. Like into a mid-80's 5 series BMW.
        1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Chevy LS style motors(5.3) follows chevy plan one size fits all. SBC are 265-400 and LS are 4.8-6.0. They have been in millions of trucks and are plentiful in the wreaking yards. A used 5.3 can be had for less than $500, sometime as low as $200, leaving plenty of money for mods. Here is some guys did with a low budget combo intended for original PINKS were they could lose their car if they lost, so it was kept very low budget. It was a stock base motor with a low cost turbo set up.

Worlds quickest STOCK LS based Motor

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03
            Don't tell me nobody gets Hot Rod in the mail.
            Sorry LS dudes,I'm just getting a little overwhelmed by all the coverage they get.
            That and Ford acting as if the new 5.0 will lead us Ford Guys into the Green future...
            Hello it don't fit!
            Too true...but only if restricted to stock shock tower older Fords (either by interest, imagination or $$$). Mod motor installs in more traditional hot rods look good.

Whether by accident or design (or both) the LS does appear to be establishing an overwhelming dominance. So much power for cheap and -- as you point out -- can be shoehorned into almost anything (including Fords).
            Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

I do like the 4V in an open roadster,the cam covers out in the breeze look cool.

Comment

^^^Agree.

There was a creation at SEMA that had two of them mounted side by side in the front of a T-Bucket. It was kinda bad.
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                X