Snow day anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow day anyone?

We had a mini-blizzard move through here yesterday from about noon until mid-night. I spent most of the day riding snowmobiles and digging my car out of a huge drift. I'm pretty sore today, like I played 4 quarters of football sore.
    Kids are off school today so after we get done with what we have to do to keep Sandy happy, I'm going to try and talk them into going riding today.
    Sandy mentioned something about going to the mall last night.....I think....my ears just keep ringing with sounds of a little 2-stroke at 9000 rpm, lol
    I have to get my fun in before I have to leave for Florida this weekend.
    What's everyone else up to today?
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Re: Snow day anyone?

A high of 83 here. Going to work..wishing I would get t-boned by a semi truck on the way casuing enough injuries to keep me from going to the god forsaken place for a few weeks
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I do have to do an oil change, replace a claiper and change sparkplugs on a a chrysler before I leave. ( the top of the intake has to come off to get to three of the plugs)
      Plus I guess I have to get the sno-blower out before long if any cars are going to leave the driveway, and I think the kitchen sink is leaking.....But I still sit here switching back and forth from BangShift, ebay, and craigslist...
      I guess my excuse is I don't want to start thrashing around and wake anyone up yet.....yeah, that's it!
      Originally posted by TC

Comment

The snow hit overnight here, we had 3 inches when I woke up this morning. Supposed to have 6 by the time it's all done tomorrow. I scored a complete '76 F150 parts truck over the weekend for $200, so I'll probably start disassembling it after work today, along with plowing out the driveway.
        Still plays with trucks....

Comment

In the 60s today, sunny.....need to get some water on the lawn (no snow or rain yet this season). I have the day off so I think I'll throw some wax on the car.
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Probably going to fire up the backhoe and push the snow off the yard and dig some of the drifts out. At least it isnt coming down very fast this week, only about 3 inches a day. Before long my cars will just be bumps in the snow. Ive already cleaned the driveway twice, its just getting started..

Also untangling my dogs, they like to run for a few miles if they get out of the yard. If I cant walk around with them, I put them on a run. They did this today..

Other than that, I will be trying to keep the house warm so the pipes dont freeze, making something to eat, and looking for more firewood.

Comment

Just got done snow blowing, still snowing like heck.
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I want some snow around here!

We haven't had crap so far this year.
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

u didn't like the high winds and down pours last night

Comment

We've had a few dustings here this season, thats about it. Right now its sunny and 23 in Happy Valley.
                    Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

Move up here... Or send a truck and I will fill it for you..

Comment

Around 25 inches with snow here,and on Thursday there are supposedly coming 20 inches in 24 hours..

Comment

18" here and -12 right now,pretty damn tired of shoveling snow. LOL

Comment

I got the sink apart, so it's off to the hardware store and then the mall :'(
                            Hopefully this is the last trip there for the year...I told her I would drop her off at the door and go do some doughnuts in the parking lot.
                            Originally posted by TC

Comment

We have WIND and cold - my little temp meter is between the screen and outside pane of window glass - and it's reading 13F so I know it's colder than that for real.

The wind is howling out of the North - and I have to find some 'glass insulation to stuff into the stove vent - cold air is pouring in behind the cabinets in that corner ---- the counter is ice cold.... bummer.

I've already tuned up and used the '84 tecumseh powered 7/24 toro and run it around the driveway for the first trip of the year - yea - I got the thing when I was 14, it's lasted through several moves, several vehicles, a wife, and several jobs... still going strong! ;D
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X