Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Concealed

Originally posted by Bamfster
    If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times....

Every law abiding citizen should carry a gun!
    Bamfster for president !!!! I love people who think alike.

Comment

To me, it's a complicated issue.

We live in a decent neighborhood where we don't have to physically fight for our lives.

It's a state of mind really. Guns are good for two things. The first is another hand-eye thing, shoot a can off of a post. That's fun if you don't shoot shoot your buddy by accident after a dozen beers.

But the more realistic thing is hand guns are meant to kill people. Not rifles for hunting deer or whatever. Handguns are meant for killng another person. In self defense, or in anger, that's all they're good for.

Again, it's complicated. If you have a gun and I don't, I lose. But if we both have a gun, who wins?

It's complicated. But since the bad guys already have guns, us good guys should have guns too, just in case.

We just live in a better neighorhood than that. But if you can go to McDonald's and get caught up in a random crossfire....I dunno. What if absolutely EVERYBODY had a gun? That would be the best answer. EVERYBODY has a gun and knows how to use it.

A federal law - everybody has to pack. That would make the proverbial traffic stop a little different....."Sir, do you have a weapon?"

"No."

"Sir, step out of the car, you're under arrest for not having a gun."
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Everyone has different reasons for carrying. I live out in the country so just having one gives me peace of mind, but I'm on the road a lot and with a CCDW I can keep my gun right by me instead of in the glovebox. Thankfully KY has great gun laws. We can legally open carry without a permit, guns don't have to be registered, and the CCDW process only consists of a day long course and a background check. The biggest question is why wouldn't you carry?
        Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Everybody I know who carries (and that's a lot of people) all say the same thing. They are taught and they believe, don't ever ever point a gun at somebody unless you mean to kill them or to save your own life in a split-second decision by the bad guy - maybe he'll change his own mind and you won't have to kill him after all.

I've lived 53 years and have thankfully avoided that situation the whole time. I'm not at all against guns, and I don't want to sound like I am. It's a basic American freedon granted by our forefathers, and it's a great one. But how many good people in decent settings have ever had to actually pull it out in earnest? I mean, on avearge.

My buddy from South Carolina came to visit over a year ago. He was flying here. We had long conversations on the phone beforehand talking about his gun. I had to convince him you can't fly on an airplane with a gun on your hip. I finally did convince him, and he came over here and was scared to death the whole time. He was naked walking down the street without his gun.

A lady from SC drove over here to do a training session. She pulled up in the parking lot at the plant and when she got out she asked me, "What should I do with my gun in Tennessee?"

I went on two business trips, driving, with a coworker, and at the start of the second trip, he asked if it was okay to bring his gun. He fessed up that we was packing on the first trip and didn't tell me. Of course, I said yes, bring it if you want to, as long as I know it's in my car, and I didn't know the first time.

It's a state of mind. That's all it is. A state of mind.

Comment

PeeWee, guns don't kill people. You can set a loaded handgun on a table, heck you can even cock the hammer back and set it there pointing at your head. The gun will set there indefinitely without firing and hurting/killing you unless a PERSON manipulates it. Sure there are freak accidents etc, but someone/thing needs to do something to make it go bang.

So people kill people...not guns.

This country was founded on the right to bear arm, just like it was founded on the freedom of speech. As citizens of this country, we need to exercise our rights, all of them, daily. Do I need to stand on the corner and state my thoughts on whatever everyday? No, but it's nice to know I can if I want to, without fear of prosecution.

As far as a law requiring every person to carry a gun....I think that is just as bad as the laws that say you can't carry a gun. But, if the criminals thought everyone was armed, they'd probably be a touch more hesitant to blatantly victimize people. That's why I treat every person I contact like they're armed, until I find out they're not.
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Dan, the right to bear arms is huge. There's not much crime in this area of Tennessee because of that. The bad guys know that almost everybody is packing. Almost everybody.

All that I'm trying to say, poorly, is that I'm benefitting from that perception. No, that TRUTH. Who's packing, and who's not? It's a huge deterrent. It really is.

I guess I don't need a gun because everybody else has one. Now I'm confusing myself....

Comment

Saying handguns kill people is like saying forks make people fat.

Comment

I understand PW, I'm just really big on protecting our freedoms. Everyone that can legally get a CCW permit should have one. Ultimately it's up to the individual to actually carry, and I respect them if they don't feel they need to.

If more people demanded the permit, it would send a clear message to the powers that be ....

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin v2
                    Matt, that is beyond true. That is TOO true. But I think it's the bullets. Let's sue the bullet companies. THEY cause it.

And the actual cause of death in every case in the history of the world is, "Lack of oxygen to the brain." Every time. Say it ain't so.

And that's also the cause of guns getting pulled out to start with....

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
                      Originally posted by Pumpkin v2
                      Matt, that is beyond true. That is TOO true. But I think it's the bullets. Let's sue the bullet companies. THEY cause it.

And the actual cause of death in every case in the history of the world is, "Lack of oxygen to the brain." Every time. Say it ain't so.

And that's also the cause of guns getting pulled out to start with....
                      Or lead poisoning!.....LOL

Comment

We had two home invasions in the last two weeks that the perps got what they deserved.

Comment

Crime in general seems to be on the rise in the Bangor area. When I was kid, you hardly ever heard about murder, stabbings, etc. Now I can't check the news without seeing a story about a home invasion, robbery, rape or murder or some combination thereof.

We could speculate all days on the contributing factors: spiraling economy, proliferation of drugs, unemployment, whatever.

All I know is that I sure as heck want to be able to defend myself.

A kid I went to elementary school with just got arrested for dealing crack out of a hotel room in Brewer. Not that long ago, I ran into a high school friend who is now a line cook at a local restaurant and he lost all of his teeth from drug abuse. He's my age (29). The guy that lives next door to me looks emaciated, he's pasty white, chain smokes and doesn't work. He's outside smoking his last cigarette before bed when I go to work at 6am. There's a steady stream of cars in and out of the yard from midnight until 3am though.

The world isn't all sunshine and rainbows.

Comment

Everybody I know who carries (and that's a lot of people) all say the same thing. They are taught and they believe, don't ever ever point a gun at somebody unless you mean to kill them or to save your own life in a split-second decision by the bad guy - maybe he'll change his own mind and you won't have to kill him after all.

I've lived 53 years and have thankfully avoided that situation the whole time. I'm not at all against guns, and I don't want to sound like I am. It's a basic American freedon granted by our forefathers, and it's a great one. But how many good people in decent settings have ever had to actually pull it out in earnest? I mean, on avearge.

My buddy from South Carolina came to visit over a year ago. He was flying here. We had long conversations on the phone beforehand talking about his gun. I had to convince him you can't fly on an airplane with a gun on your hip. I finally did convince him, and he came over here and was scared to death the whole time. He was naked walking down the street without his gun.

A lady from SC drove over here to do a training session. She pulled up in the parking lot at the plant and when she got out she asked me, "What should I do with my gun in Tennessee?"

I went on two business trips, driving, with a coworker, and at the start of the second trip, he asked if it was okay to bring his gun. He fessed up that we was packing on the first trip and didn't tell me. Of course, I said yes, bring it if you want to, as long as I know it's in my car, and I didn't know the first time.

With all due respect, you obviously know nothing about guns. round 2, your alot of friends who carry broke the first rule of conceal and carry, NEVER TELL ANYBODY YOU ARE CARRYING. People that advertise they are carrying are the exact reason why people get in trouble with conceal and carry, you dont want some moron telling the perps your carrying, who do you suppose they are going to shoot first. Pulling a gun on somebody is the last life or death decision you will ever want to make. It all comes down to opinion and all should be respected !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kelly andersen

With all due respect, you obviously know nothing about guns. round 2, your alot of friends who carry broke the first rule of conceal and carry, NEVER TELL ANYBODY YOU ARE CARRYING. People that advertise they are carrying are the exact reason why people get in trouble with conceal and carry, you dont want some moron telling the perps your carrying, who do you suppose they are going to shoot first. Pulling a gun on somebody is the last life or death decision you will ever want to make. It all comes down to opinion and all should be respected !!!!
                              Kelly, you're an over-paranoid example of the point that I'm chasing around in circles and can't quite seem to get to in words. I just can't get there in words....

Comment

Working...
                              X