Another Computer Idiot Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Computer Idiot Question

When I want to look at videos (like the Walter Snow Fighter stuff) the computer will only load and show short portions of the vid, like it's buffering and then shooting out what it captured. I sort of expect it with my ancient MAC but the PC laptop is supposed to have more memory and processor speed. Seems like I remember something about allocating space to variouc functions but I'm sort of guessing.

Bottom line - what does it take to get a smooth playback of on-line videos?

Thanks
    Dan

Re: Another Computer Idiot Question

It's probably the internet connection you're using Dan. I know when I'm somewhere that has a crappy signal, I get the same thing.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
      It's probably the internet connection you're using Dan. I know when I'm somewhere that has a crappy signal, I get the same thing.
      it is indeed the net.. wireless is intermingled even with the best of connects ruining it all. A south wind here and vids are great. : else its canadian bulldozer of wireless wind making it daintier than a ricer claiming big things.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
        When I want to look at videos (like the Walter Snow Fighter stuff) the computer will only load and show short portions of the vid, like it's buffering and then shooting out what it captured. I sort of expect it with my ancient MAC but the PC laptop is supposed to have more memory and processor speed. Seems like I remember something about allocating space to variouc functions but I'm sort of guessing.

Bottom line - what does it take to get a smooth playback of on-line videos?

Thanks
        Dan
        Slam the keyboard with your fist, works for me...
        Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

It's worth a shot...
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Press play and then pause. Let the little red bar creep across and then you can watch it uninterrupted.
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Listen to Brian.
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Yes Brian is a wise man. ;)

Comment

Working...
                X