Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Insane Pro Stock Shelby

beautiful fab work!

is the data acquisition system tapped into the shocks as well? sick.

hey is there a website out there that caters just to pro stock?

Comment

Well,yeah....but,it's just a V8,isin't there a Class for I6's :D ;D?? One thing I GOTTA SAY.....is it me or is EVERYTHING(and I mean E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G...)in that Shop is SOOOO clean(Hell,even the VP Fuel Drums are damn near spotless....) :o ! ~OO6.

Comment

All the shots of the cars underside were taken with the car 17 inches off the ground. I was laying on the shop floor for two hours. My shirt wasn't dirty. Even the bathrooms in that shop are spotless. I love all the engineering in that car. If you look closely at the rear suspension, there are reservoirs on the shocks that change the valving three times during the run. Everything is measured. I take photos of the car's launches with a very fast camera. When you compare the data to the photos it really helps you get a clear picture of the changes necessary. The amount of money Chuck has into the car is a bargain when you compare it to the Riddler Award winners at Autorama. I wish I could have bought Chuck's old car. They were asking $50,000 ready to race.
        Mike TPG

Comment

Good Lord...that is just flippin' awesome.

Hi-dollar or not, it's worth seeing pictures like these just for the sheer entertainment value - plus us poor folk can still steal a lot of the attenttion to detail ideas without spending cubic dollars.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Comment

$50-G's 'RTR'? That's a bargin 8)! ~OO6.

Comment

That car was beautiful. The guy that bought it didn't buy the engine. they sold it today from what I heard at the shop. They didn't tell me what the roller went for. Chuck's old engine won't fit in my car dammit. I love the split carbs.
              Mike TPG

Comment

Carbs in IHRA Pro Stock have been quite the topic over the last couple of seasons. The Braswell split carbs on the motor in the photos have gained in popularity over the last season or two. They became the hot ticket and many teams were on a wait list that lasted a portion of the season.

Robert Patrick won the championship using a set of carbs from Bob Book. The interesting thing about Patrick's setup is that he used 2 4-bbl carbs...but they certainly were not "off the shelf" pieces. Patrick's car hauled ass all year, but the championship was decided at the last race in Rockingham.

Scott...I'd say the start-up money is not even, but not all that far off for a ground up Pro Stocker Vs. a ground up TF car. The operating costs are what separates them. Obviously the Pro Stocker is cheaper to run by like a factor of 100!

Gene Wilson was an IHRA standout and he went NHRA racing. One of the first questions he was asked was about the difference between driving an NHRA 500 incher Vs. the IHRA 800 inh car. He said that basically in the NHRA car the run was over by the 1/8 mile and you were kind of enjoying the view whereas the IHRA car pulled like crazy all the way down.

Big motors rule.

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                X