Ever seen these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ever seen these

I like the guy who says things get "interesting" when you try to run water through them. :D
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff
      Why would you Run these heads and then restrict them with a stock type intake?
      What I mean by stock type intake is a regular off the shelf 23 degree intake, like a Performer or in my case a Holley Strip Dominator.

Here I found a video of the heads on a 302 Bonneville motor, apparently they are a record holder, so these heads can't be that bad, can they??

www.araoengineering.com ARAO 32v 302 cu in 208 MPH Bonneville record holder SB Chevy engine, normally aspirated. Arao Engineering, Racing, Street Racing, Rac...

And here's the car that it's in.

Comment

they sure look cool, but I was looking at the dyno chart for their "well known head" comparison and wondering who's well known heads they were using to compare. The current crop of "well known head" manufacturers would probably compare favorably?

I'm not knocking them - just wondering because 475 out of an LT1 cammed 350 is impressive, but I think there are much more cost effective and simpler offerings available. L92's come to mind.

As long as you are bench racing them, er, designing, get some plexi valve covers too. :P

just funnin man. Merry Christmas.

/edit - maybe Squirrel has it in his archives, but I vaguely remember an article many moons ago for Dominion heads in HRM. Or somebodies 3 valves. I can't find either, and am having big time CRS this morning.

Comment

Jim Feuling's three valve BBC heads may be what you are thinking of. Feuling passed away but was embroiled in a big lawsuit with Mercedes-Benz over tgem I believe.

Spidey, guy hold Bonneville records with Frontenac headed I4 engines from Model Ts and As....I'd take it with a grain of salt. But at the end of the day it is your money, not mine!
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Their is more but remember what you buy in a box and what a record holder uses in any form is two different things

This will show you see if you can find what I am talking about in this post on a intake that turns to Heads ( Remember its all about the heads)

Hint is The heads are a raw casting that i get from dart 100% raw and completely machine in house.
            Kinda resembles a dart 360 head

Does this mean a Dart 360 head could be made to make this kind of power.

You can learn a lot of other stuff in this post ( Look at the headers)
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

A 4-valve head must have some potential though. I seem to be suprised by the power out put in mulit-valve heads, but I guess that's in smaller displacement engines.
              Steve Harker told me he has a couple McGee quad cams back home and if he had the time, would love to work with them again.
              At $6k for a sbc head though?? I could by a ready to go set Brad -6's.
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

On a Turbo or Blower head I would be looking at exhaust valve cooling more than much else, The valves are not a restriction its under pressure remember.
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

They "have" some 351C heads like that - advertised for several years. Never seen or heard of anyone actually buying and running a pair.

Comment

Working...
                  X