got my first cell phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my first cell phone

I cannot believe I can do this on a cell phone. It is a samsung android type phone. Yes this is taking me 5times longer but I'm doingit!

Re: got my first cell phone

its kinda slow on my blackberry too.
    Charles

Comment

nice and quick on my huge desktop computer

(wife won't fork over the extra billion dollars a month for us to have data on the phones)

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I'm all the way up to a Razr phone and that's where I'll probably stop, if I went any farther then this I'd need my 10 year old Granddaughter to school me!

Comment

It's all really cool technology, but I think at a point it can be taken too far. Our boss was at the Christmas luncheon today fidddling with his Crackberry more than enjoying our moment, reading emails out loud to us as they came in.

Okay, so I'm not that connected. But I'm not that envious of it. I think it's a drug, actually.

What did we do before we had computers at work? I don't even remember. Now, if the computers are down, you may as well go home. Can't do anything. There's something wrong with that, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

But we're so much better off now than we have ever been, information-wise. I guess.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Congrats on the new phone... It is a choice... I rather not have to drag a laptop around for stuff a Blackberry can do for work... It has saved my ass a few times over the years.

For those who don't see the value in it... Don't know what to tell you as it really is not that expensive and like anything else on this planet. If you don't abuse it, you won't have a problem.

Comment

I've got an HTC Incredible android phone, had a blackberry for work about 5 years before that. You need have self control and priorities. My work phone was my only phone, and if it was a Sunday afternoon and that inbox had that little new mail indicator, it waited until Monday morning. My job wasn't that important.

However on the flip side, back in September my brother and I were on our way to the Goodguys show in Pocono. Hauling ass through NJ we heard that distinctive sound of a small metal object dropping off a moving vehicle and tumbling down the road. We were only about an exit away from where we were planning to stop of breakfast, and there were no other noises, so we kept on going. We pull into the Cracker Barrel parking lot and pop the hood. Took about 30 second to see that the sound was front upper drivers side bolt and washer that holds the A-arm to the cross-bar, and the bushing was about 3/4 of the way out of the A-arm. After riffling through all the spare parts in the trunk he had everything but the large washer to put it all back together. We went in and had some breakfast, while we were in there, I looked up two parts stores and a hardware store within a mile of where we were. After breakfast, used a smaller washer and a bolt to push the bushing back in, and headed out for the parts store. We struck out at both the parts stores because their computers didn't go back to 1962, and they just kind of looked at us strange when we asked if they had any type of front end rebuild kit that may have the washers. We got the right washer at the hardware store, even had the choice of plain steel or anodized steel. My brother stopped making fun of my phone that day.

By the way, he had an epiphany during breakfast, when he rebuild the front end about 12 years ago he did such a good job that he put lock washers on the bolts. Yep, every time the spring compressed the front bolts got loosened just a little bit, the rears on the rebound.
              sigpic

Comment

The main reason I and the youngest boy got one is he would take off and not tell me where he was going or was supposed to call with his where abouts when he went somewhere after joining up with someone not on the schedule. Then they took all the pay phones out of work and we had a emergency with Charlie our grandson.And I couldn't here the P.A because it was so loud in the factory and the P.A is so garbled.And then they made it so us factory workers couldn't call out on the company phones.The office people still can though.So...I need to be able to communicate with the family If it's a emergency or it's my break time. Also have a elderly mom that may need me. All the other stuf this phone does was already on my daughters and the wifes plan. By dropping the land line that goes out about every time it rains hard.It will almost pay for its self.I used to be ontop of technology back whene nobody had computers. Just Car and home audio and vcrs and dvd stuff . Once I lagged behind on the computer thing I pretty much gave up.So ...I'm going to try and tech this old dog some new tricks!

Comment

Welcome to 2011. BTW...thank you, Al Gore.
                  Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

AT&T has more than a million apps for the Iphone, but you still can make a call without it dropping ten times. When I inquired about their lack of band width and signal strength, they looked at me with a quizzical look that I still make phone calls to talke to people.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                      nice and quick on my huge desktop computer

(wife won't fork over the extra billion dollars a month for us to have data on the phones)

We went on a cruise to Mexico with our Android phones on Verizon. We turned them on in port in Puerto Valiarta....then downloaded our emails..responded..and we made 3 calls each....our bill.... 1293.21 for data usage...LMAO....that was almost the cost of the entire cruise!!!!
                      The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

I gave up on cell phones in 1997

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                          I gave up on cell phones in 1997
                          good for you

Comment

Working...
                          X