Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rainy day browsing...found pics of Silver State Car I built and other junk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainy day browsing...found pics of Silver State Car I built and other junk.

I'm at the shop today but have the retail store front closed. The guys are in the back printing T-shirts for customers that give them to employees. The other guys are stitching jackets for the same customers...oh how I love Xmas...lol

Anyways....I was browsing slash deleting pics....came across these from my Hey Day as a car/chassis builder.

Ken Abby's Frankenstein 68 Camaro.....yes thats a 92(Ithink) nose....

2004 World Championships of custom bike building......took 3rd.....I'm the big guy !!!.

2005....3rd ....YET AGAIN !

67 A/Gas Nova I built on my homemade jig table/I beams...lol...won the March Meet 3 times in the last 5 years.

1957 Pontiac I did tons of work on.......I was 19 at the time

Well....thats enough to bore you all....LOL
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Re: Rainy day browsing...found pics of Silver State Car I built and other junk.

love the entire vibe of that Pontiac.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
      love the entire vibe of that Pontiac.
      Notice the exhaust exiting the rear quarter panel?...It had 5" exhaust....the tunnels under the seats are for the 5" Flowmasters...LOL.....The car didn't have a true identity...dual FC cages...Lenco...tilt wheel...turn signals...572 BBC on methanol...lol....too bad it never got finished like this.....The guy who owned it bought it at age 14...it was some special "Track pack" blah blah blah....anyways...he was a machinest....3 days before I finished it he got tangled up in a lathe doing after hours work at home for US Tube and Sonar....no workers comp he soon lost everything and parted the car out......I spotted it 2 years ago in Monterey at a car show....no big wing ....no blower motor...just 2 4's on a POS 454......was SAD.

Comment

that is some kick ass stuff, more pics please !
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR
          that is some kick ass stuff, more pics please !
          Thanks...I really do miss building cars and bikes...but out little screenprinting ...embroidery and sign shop isnt so small anymore....and the profit margin and labor involved the screenprinting is MUCH more profitable. Hopefully by mid 2011 the wife and I will step away from it (I'm 41 and she'll be 40) and let it be ran by our employees.
          Then it will be back to building cars....
          Well you asked for it.......

My daughters 67 Bronco that her Great Grandpa bought new(it was her first car...high school days)....and the chopper to match.
          My bike building buddy gets the paint credits.....

The A/Gas Nova on the jig.....

My old mans "BUDGET" 68 Dart....less than 4500.00 in the whole car...runs 11.30's...not bad for pump gas and being 67yo.

More of the A/Gas Nova

Pro Street 55

More chopper stuff....

Want more?

Comment

Sure we want more, fire them at us! A question on your Nova, is it all fiberglas and if so what scale is it and who made the body?

Comment

Originally posted by 457Brodix

Sure we want more, fire them at us! A question on your Nova, is it all fiberglas and if so what scale is it and who made the body?

The quarters and roof are steel.....the doors...trunk lid and nose came from (GULP) Fiberglass Ulimited(owners request). It took Jim Pace at JP's Autobody in Fairfield months to fix that crap(bodywork bill was 7500.00 alone). It's FULL SCALE. Been 7 years since it was finished.

Comment

Here's the car that earned me the name of Chassisman. I'm the Ron Thomas in the article. I built the ENTIRE car...down to the wiring.It's a Chassisworks full chassis car...not a stock frame like the article says.This car is all steel except for like the author mentions...the bumpers and hood....also all the windows are glass....they all roll up and down.He had a new headliner installed before he brought it to me...a white one!...it never got burnt or dirty...LOL. The car was street legal and ran a best of 9.18 with a 1.27 60...through the muffs with a single carb and no juice. Later on it also got a passenger seat and radio. For 1999 it was wicked fast.... The Fairlane sadly got sold and is now rotting in a barn. But I built my cousin Don a street cruiser...70 Boss style Stang that has 260 Ford flags on the fenders....thats 260 inches on the left....and 260 inches on the right....LOL....runs low 11's with the AC on driven to the track....no spray.

Comment

That is greatness.
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                    That is greatness.
                    Nope...just an ordinary man who was once a boy......Everyone can do great things.....they just have to dedicate themselves to it....they have to make their own way. My parents were far from wealthy...my dad retired in 1990 and still works everyday at his little business just to survive.Him and my mom are both tremendous people. My grandparents were also a big influence(they were hard working dust bowl okies). My first job in high school was working at a welding and fab shop as an unpaid ROP(work experience)student. I worked there during the summer for 2.75 an hour(student wage in 1987)building stainless steel automation lines for Ragu and Clorox.Left there in 1990 and became a mechanic....then worked nights on other peoples cars.....I learned a phrase early on from my grandfather.... THOSE WHOM CANNOT......MUST PAY. For years that was painted on my shop wall. It's still my motto/credo....LOL

Randal....your well on your way......

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman

Thanks, I'm not afraid to try anything, sometimes I'm equipment limited, but usually I'm game to try and do something myself.

Comment

Thanks, I'm not afraid to try anything, sometimes I'm equipment limited, but usually I'm game to try and do something myself.
                        Randal....first paying roll cage job I did I had a sawzall and a 4" grinder with 60 grit flapper wheels(all Harbor Freight).....I had to borrow a welder. After doing 4 of those...I bought a welder...tubing notcher....aviation tin snips....and a bead roller..and never looked back( And NEVER bought Harbor Freight AGAIN !)

Comment

Randal....first paying roll cage job I did I had a sawzall and a 4" grinder with 60 grit flapper wheels(all Harbor Freight).....I had to borrow a welder. After doing 4 of those...I bought a welder...tubing notcher....aviation tin snips....and a bead roller..and never looked back( And NEVER bought Harbor Freight AGAIN !)
                          I got a dewalt sawsall and a makita 4.5" grinder, just need to get the welder. And the only thing holding me up on that is me.

Comment

Nice stuff, keep it coming.

I completely agree with you about what you need to create. Will is far more important than tools. If you have the will to do it, you'll find the tools. And make do with what you've got until you get what you want.

I "want" a tig, in the meantime I'll use my cobra Oxy / acetylene set up to its best advantage.

Comment

fun old days

Comment

Working...
                              X