No announcement yet.

Their Trash = BangShifty Gold - Or, How I got a 50 year old compressor for free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Their Trash = BangShifty Gold - Or, How I got a 50 year old compressor for free

Good call Joe....start hunting craigslist!

Find one of these oldies with a problem and you'll be able to get parts for cheap!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Re: Their Trash = BangShifty Gold - Or, How I got a 50 year old compressor for free

have not seen a westinghouse tag in a long time

Comment

That piece looks pretty darn familiar Brian. I'll have to double check whats in Dads shop and see if were compressor brothers.
        Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Snuck in a couple hours today and put the compressor back together, rewired, and finished cleaning up. It is working like a top now (aside from a valve that is leaking and needs replacement.

Comment

Looking good Brian, jealousy has become me.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I went through a LOT of brake cleaner on this thing and since my basement lab is under the kitchen, my wife wasn't loving me. :D

Comment

Free is my favorite price - for anything. Great score. I have painted a LOT of cars with a VERY similar appearing Sears before I got a bigger shop and started spending all extra $$ on tools.

Dan

Comment

Damn,that thing even LOOKS like Brian :o!! Juuuusst kiddi'n. I'm like'n that Industrial Green Paint on it,don't see that sort of stuff being made anymore. And like Jim said: just WHEN was the last time ANYONE saw a Westinghouse Sticker/Lable or...anything like that? ~J/W.

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
                    Damn,that thing even LOOKS like Brian :o!! Juuuusst kiddi'n. I'm like'n that Industrial Green Paint on it,don't see that sort of stuff being made anymore. And like Jim said: just WHEN was the last time ANYONE saw a Westinghouse Sticker/Lable or...anything like that? ~J/W.
                    think I saw westinghouse sticker bout last week lol There plant was down the street from my shop next to the airport about 6 blocks on the same road lol there is stuff in my shop at work and home with there name on it still (but I would have to clean the dirt off to read them lol) Good job saving that one Dan is right my old compressor is almost the same when I got my new bigger one I gave it to my buddy and he is still useing it

Comment

nice score Brian, free is best!!! Joe if you lived around here my buddy has a little compresser that would work for you
                      it sucks everyones so far away :'(
                      COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
                        And like Jim said: just WHEN was the last time ANYONE saw a Westinghouse Sticker/Lable or...anything like that? ~J/W.
                        Ha, I see one ever day when I go into the garage. ;)
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                          If you decide to paint this, I'd go with the color it is now! FWIW, I'd leave it just the way she is, battle scars and all! ;D

Comment

Working...
                          X