Stairway To Heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stairway To Heaven

I couldnt watch the whole video. wife wondered why I broke out in a cold sweat.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

lol, no kidding. I was clutching the sides of my chair and frequently had to look away, lmao
      "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

I dunno, I'd do it. Looks fun. Just take it one step at a time and always maintain 3 points of contact with the tower.

Comment

I'd like to do it if i was younger. I don't think I'm in good enough shape to climb up there....and then I'd have to climb back down. It would be way cool to be up there though.

What did they do when they got to the top?
          Cognizant Dissident

Comment

No idea. I haven't made it that far yet. :D
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by std

They probably turn the iPod on and smoke a Doobie.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
              1966 Plymouth Fury III
              2014 Dodge Ram 1500
              Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
              Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Holy crap no freaking way. I actually started to get a little nauseous watching that.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by std
                  I'd like to do it if i was younger. I don't think I'm in good enough shape to climb up there....and then I'd have to climb back down. It would be way cool to be up there though.

Change the light bulb

??? ;D
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I'd do it. In fact I used to do it for "fun" on a much lesser scale. But I may be too old and weak now to make a climb like that and then get back down. That's the other part - you have to get back down when you're through doing whatever it was you went up there to do.

That whole thing to me is far less scary than making a planned speech at an organized event with lots of people staring at you. Ask me a question, I'm okay. But working from a script in front of a large crowd, I'm shitless. Pulse 170, pressure 190 over 150.

That's so far different from holding a guitar when people want to hear at least something in the interest of fun. Speaking in public is statistically man's greatest fear, and I have it. Because I've had to do it. I guess if you did it every day, or if you WANT to do it to start with, it's not a big deal at all.

Falling? Just don't fall, and the ironworkers I worked with used to say if you fall over 20 feet you're dead anyway, so the fear gets no greater as you climb higher.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
                      I'd do it. In fact I used to do it for "fun" on a much lesser scale. But I may be too old and weak now to make a climb like that and then get back down. That's the other part - you have to get back down when you're through doing whatever it was you went up there to do.

That whole thing to me is far less scary than making a planned speech at an organized event with lots of people staring at you. Ask me a question, I'm okay. But working from a script in front of a large crowd, I'm shitless. Pulse 170, pressure 190 over 150.

That's so far different from holding a guitar when people want to hear at least something in the interest of fun. Speaking in public is statistically man's greatest fear, and I have it. Because I've had to do it. I guess if you did it every day, or if you WANT to do it to start with, it's not a big deal at all.

Falling? Just don't fall, and the ironworkers I worked with used to say if you fall over 20 feet you're dead anyway, so the fear gets no greater as you climb higher.
                      Funny you put it that way peewee, I have a fear of heights, it varies with the situation, but when I told someone the fear was based more on getting hurt than it was dying they looked at me puzzled.
                      sigpic

Comment

when i felt the tower moving, I think id mess myself :o!!!
                        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

I guess somebody's got to do that job, but there is no way it would be me.

Comment

Working...
                          X