Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forgotten Song Thread

I think PeeWee will appreciate this one

Roy Rogers (slide guitar) - performance from his video "Slide Guitar For Rock & Blues" http://www.homespuntapes.com
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Very good - that's a real toe tapper -
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

can't believe this was on YouTube, thought I bought the only album, lol. Not exactly a forgotten song but the band most likely is. Great version of a classic with massive distortion!

lol, forgot the link :o

"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback
          I think PeeWee will appreciate this one

Roy Rogers (slide guitar) - performance from his video "Slide Guitar For Rock & Blues" http://www.homespuntapes.com
          Good golly gwackamolies!!!!!!!! :o :o :D ;D ;D

Thanks for that one Eagle, now I sure got some research to do!
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Thought you would like that, I got his CD "Slideways" and was actually istening to it just now

he did a lot of music with this great player
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

By now I've hit about a half dozen of his YouTube songs. Looks like a lot of them were filmed at the same show. First thing, I stained my drawers seeing that 12-string Dobro with the pickup on it that looks like it doesn't belong, and then to hear him PLAY it....

I've gotta say, that guy takes my breath away. Terraplane Blues? Good Gosh-amighty.

I hope Roy Rogers is filthy-ass stinking rolling-in-money rich from being able to play that well. That's just absolutely amazing.

Thanks for the hookup Eagle!

Comment

Originally posted by Vegaman
                can't believe this was on YouTube, thought I bought the only album, lol. Not exactly a forgotten song but the band most likely is. Great version of a classic with massive distortion!

lol, forgot the link :o

Holy crap - I forgot about them - I remember that album.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

I'm wiping tears. Roy Rogers is the best guitarist I've ever heard in my life, and that's been a while. It's an epiphany. For at least 30 years, Johnny Winter was the standard of ability in my mind. I figured I'd get old and die thinking that.

Sorry, Johnny, I just now heard somebody better.

I'm wiping tears. Real tears. Tears of loss and tears of joy at the same time. A new standard. I'm blown away. That guy is....well, there he is.

Comment

Ok, I'll play along...

Remember this one?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Ron
                    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Here is one of my favorites, I've never heard it on the radio, but I love it

Comment

Here is a nice Forgotten Christmas tune I heard on my way home from work on my favorite radio show, Saturday Morning '60s

Comment

Working...
                        X