Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So.....bangshifters in Cali staying dry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So.....bangshifters in Cali staying dry?

How's that limo holding up Scott?

Anybody getting the mud slides?

Tonight's news didn't show a pretty
    picture
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Re: So.....bangshifters in Cali staying dry?

Up here in Ridgecrest, we've gotten 3/4 of an inch on the valley floor.....1-2 on the hills and southern Sierra's. May not seem like much but in the desert it'll flash flood quick! I have ponds forming in my yard and the dirt roads leading out to pavement have 6" to a foot or more in the dips and holes. Some are getting real soft on the bottom. We have a 1' to 3' deep layer of concrete like clay and sand with loose sand and gravel on top that makes up the dirt roads around here. More than 3-4 days of steady rain can soften them up and turn them in to mud bogs.

No, the county does not and will not maintain the roads around my house. Us locals have to.....that would be me as I'm the only one with a tractor and a big enough sled.

Comment

Oh, we're soaked here in NE San Diego. Payback for the gorgeous 80F days last week... :D

Comment

Originally posted by 64chrysler300
        Up here in Ridgecrest, we've gotten 3/4 of an inch on the valley floor.....1-2 on the hills and southern Sierra's. May not seem like much but in the desert it'll flash flood quick! I have ponds forming in my yard and the dirt roads leading out to pavement have 6" to a foot or more in the dips and holes. Some are getting real soft on the bottom. We have a 1' to 3' deep layer of concrete like clay and sand with loose sand and gravel on top that makes up the dirt roads around here. More than 3-4 days of steady rain can soften them up and turn them in to mud bogs.

No, the county does not and will not maintain the roads around my house. Us locals have to.....that would be me as I'm the only one with a tractor and a big enough sled.

News talked about 60 mph mud slides

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Haven't heard that but, yeah. A debris filled flash flood shooting out of a canyon mouth across a road can ruin your day real quick. A few years back, one hit Death Valley.....they found a 1 ton van a mile or so away from the road half buried in the river bottom after a flash flood....Not sure if they ever found everybody that was in it or not.

My wife just called an hour ago.....the street behind my house now has a 3/4T 4X4 Suburban stuck up to the rocker panels in a "sippy hole" I drove through coming to work tonight. Guess I won't be going that way on the way home!

Comment

It's been raining here for 2 days straight, I've almost forgotten what the sun looks like . . . .yellow, right?

This is what happens when it rains real hard in Ridgecrest, I'm sure Rob remembers this.
            We lived at Norma and Los Flores and it turned into a river. Stay dry Rob!

Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I remember that! We used to live over on East Wilson. Our street never got that bad but it did get curb to curb a few times.

Comment

Everything is water logged including me. I'm on my third set of clothes. Its been raining nonstop since Friday. They say we have two more days of it.

My neighbors have renamed Hughes Ave to Lake Hughes as it floods easily.

Most of the news stories of mud slides were from the areas that burned over the last couple years. I live in the basin, not near any hills, I dont have much to worry about.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I've got between 18-24" of sand bags keeping the water out of our shop. It's holding for now...but they're calling for heavier rains tuesday and wednesday.......UGH !!!!!
                  The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Good luck guys....
                    Reading , Pa
                    Good Guys rodders rep.
                    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

THIS SUCKS!! after living in Ohio for 7 years before coming to mostly perfect socal, the occasional deluge still depresses me. we have a small waterfall/pond in our backyard, and I have to pump it every 6 hours or so to keep the water out of the house. not exactly life threatening, just a pita. OTOH, no plowing/shoveling here.
                      67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
                      05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

Things have gotten better here after staying dry yesterday. Sunday I woke up to small stream flooding and some roads impassable. We had half the horse paddocks turn into a lake.

Might be dry today, up here, and then rain like hell until Christmas.

Comment

the gang bangers can't do their crimes

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                            the gang bangers can't do their crimes
                            the viaducts are clean ;D
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

The LA River, aka the drainage ditch, is full. Downtown LA has gotten close to 8 inches of rain since Friday. Our annual rainfall averages 15 inches. We have half already and this storm ain't done yet. Any politician that utters the word drought this month will thrown off the 6th street bridge into the LA River.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X