Vegas- Where to stay??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vegas- Where to stay??

FWIW, I've stayed at the Hilton and the NewYork and neither have the following:

-Free internet
    -Coffee machines in your room
    -Continental Breakfast
    -More then 10 Channels of T.V.

If I was going to Vegas on vacation, I've always wanted to stay at the Venetian... that place is just wow.
    Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

I like the Orleans,off the strip but they have shuttles every 10-15 minutes going down town,good food and fun bars.

Comment

I usually stay in the cheapest place on the new strip I can find.....it's kinda like an inside cabin on a cruise......all you do in the room is sleep and......ahem......... You'll spend most of your time outside 'playing' and have more cash in hand...... :D
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

The Sahara is probably the nicest Cheap joint on the strip,getting a bit run down though. The Flamingo is pretty good too. If you stay Downtown in Fremont St, DO NOT stay stay the Plaza!

Oh and stop into Frankies Tiki room off W. charleston (1712 I think)...best cocktails in town!

Comment

Wife and I were there a few months ago, had a great time. We have been talking about what we want to do next time.

So next time we are going to Vegas we are thinking about doing two days at someplace inexpensive on the strip like the Imperial Palace, do the party thing. Then once we have been properly worn out (This occurs only when ya' get a bit older :P), spend two more days in one of the high-end places like Cesar's or the RIO etc.

BTW, The Voodoo lounge at the top of the Rio is way cool! We went to a bunch of great places but that's likely the only one we would make a point to return to.

Comment

I can't really say where TO stay, but definitely stay away from Circus Circus.....it's gangland!
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
              X