Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electronic pick pocketing now possible, be aware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic pick pocketing now possible, be aware!

You got to love technology.....

http://www.wreg.com/videobeta/?watch...a-1884ec348310

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
    1966 Plymouth Fury III
    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Re: Electronic pick pocketing now possible, be aware!

One piece of technology I'll pass on

credit cards with RFID

one simple solution....good old
    aluminum foil wrapped around
    the cards

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

*rant on*

okay, I've had it... the next person that posts an article about how it's not safe to step outside will find themselves the subject of a motion (filed by me) to commit them indefinitely to the nearest mental institution.

*rant off*
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
        *rant on*

okay, I've had it... the next person that posts an article about how it's not safe to step outside will find themselves the subject of a motion (filed by me) to commit them indefinitely to the nearest mental institution.

*rant off*
        lol

guessing that you also know, there's no real security concern since any card with RFID requires a PIN that's not stored on the card. In other words: "Um, yeah, the people who make credit cards and RFID devices already know how to keep them secure"

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

*rant on*

*rant off*
          http://www.sacbee.com/2010/11/24/321...residents.html

Try and catch me! ;D
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
            *rant on*

*rant off*
            lol

guessing that you also know, there's no real security concern since any card with RFID requires a PIN that's not stored on the card. In other words: "Um, yeah, the people who make credit cards and RFID devices already know how to keep them secure"

pin, hu.
            funny I've never been asked for the "pin #" when buy'n online or over the phone..

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing
              *rant on*

*rant off*
              lol

pin, hu.
              funny I've never been asked for the "pin #" when buy'n online or over the phone..
              If you did a little more homework before you posted on the internet, you'd realize that you've also never bought'n anything over the internet with an RFID-equipped card.

(A friend of mine was a beta tester for RFID cards developed by FirstData, the company that processes the bulk of credit transactions for major banks - trust me, nobody is going to spend millions of dollars developing a later generation credit card and "accidentally" be so stupid that they're going to get outsmarted by you, tazracing)

Also, you know that you can swipe an ATM card on a $10 card reader and get the account number from it? same as a credit card. You can't do shit with either of those numbers without either a PIN (ATM, RFID) or CSC# (credit cards).

Trust me, the people who set up the security for these are not idiots, and you and me are not going to outsmart them. The guys who are grabbing account numbers AND accompanying passcodes, are doing it in other places. The above story is just a bunch of media hype that means zero.
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

if I had assets , I would be worried

Comment

*rant on*

*rant off*
                  lol

pin, hu.
                  If you did a little more homework before you posted on the internet, you'd realize that you've also never bought'n anything over the internet with an RFID-equipped card.

(A friend of mine was a beta tester for RFID cards developed by FirstData, the company that processes the bulk of credit transactions for major banks - trust me, nobody is going to spend millions of dollars developing a later generation credit card and "accidentally" be so stupid that they're going to get outsmarted by you, tazracing)

Also, you know that you can swipe an ATM card on a $10 card reader and get the account number from it? same as a credit card. You can't do shit with either of those numbers without either a PIN (ATM, RFID) or CSC# (credit cards).

Trust me, the people who set up the security for these are not idiots, and you and me are not going to outsmart them. The guys who are grabbing account numbers AND accompanying passcodes, are doing it in other places. The above story is just a bunch of media hype that means zero.
                  haha, I have the card and haven't needed the card pin when ordering over the phone..
                  just used it 2 days ago to buy a breast cancer ford tee.. no pin needed,, , put, I know d/g your right. you know what cards I've got..

Comment

haha, I have the card and haven't needed the card pin when ordering over the phone..
                    just used it 2 days ago to buy a breast cancer ford tee.. no pin needed,, , put, I know d/g your right. you know what cards I've got..
                    you don't have an RFID card. Comprehension is owning you in this thread.

Comment

I was worried more about the passports.
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.
                      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

*rant on*

*rant off*
                        lol

pin, hu.

Good stuff

thanks for posting Scott
                        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by tedly
                          *rant on*

*rant off*
                          http://www.sacbee.com/2010/11/24/321...residents.html

Try and catch me! ;D
                          Planada is about 12 miles from me....they literally hunt each other in the streets. Merced County Deputies wont respond to calls UNLESS they have 5 units available.
                          The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Tin foil hats for your RFID cards and passports :D

Wonder if you get a set of ginsu knives with it too ;).
                            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                            X