Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Junkie TV Project Poll- Help us ASAP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Junkie TV Project Poll- Help us ASAP!!!!

Here is our dilemma...

In Frieburgers quest to own more Dusters than anyone known to man he has acquired another Duster and is now debating whether to trade for yet another. The trade we're considering is his 1972 Charger. The Duster has great patina and is a solid straight car with minimal rust, and a pretty nice interior. The Charger has a great rust free body with little patina and a few small dings. It's worst attribute is a completely trashed interior and wiring.

If we go with the Duster the thought is to build it into a '70s Pro Stock style drag car complete with stance, Cragars, big wheelstands, etc. We would use it to test different engine and trans combos as well so you can see the same car progress over time. And don't forget, we will be driving this thing on the street as much as possible garnering looks and excitement wherever we go.

If we go with the Charger we would go for a Nascar flavored ride that would be able to do a multitude of track events. Possible oval track fun testing, Willow Springs road course, and anything in between. We may even take to it Maxton or El Mirage for the hell of it. This car would have the look with 15" steelies, gutted full race style interior for two, a big block and 4 speed of course. And again, we will drive this thing on the street for tons of fun and looks.

We have to decide which one to take by Friday at 8am. Help us decide!
    1970 Duster
    0.00%
    1972 Charger
    100.00%
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Re: Car Junkie TV Project Poll- Help us ASAP!!!!

Charger with a NASCAR vibe can be a drag racer too. Just swap some skinnies on the front.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

those chargers sure are BIG.....then again, since it is in perfect condition for what you want to do (you were gonna strip the interior and wiring out anyways, right?) it would make a great project car.

The Duster would be neat too, although you'd ruin a perfectly good gramma car, so some poor gramma somewhere would have to drive a Honda.

damn, tough choice, glad it's you guys making it, not me!
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

i'd go with the charger, myself. I've just seen too many dusters lately, i guess.

I'd do it up like a road racer. Like this one that raced the 24 Hours at LeMans in 1976

LeMans Charger

Comment

both are bitchen cars, i voted fo the duster. im not a big nascar fan but the old days were bitchen too.

Comment

The NASCAR-styled Charger would be cool. I like the road racer suggestion as well.

Comment

As much as I dig A-Body's I like the Coke Bottle Charger Nascar stocker idea better!

Comment

I like the NASCAR idea. Here's a question though. What paint scheme would you be looking at for either car? Are we talking sleeper, a copy of a vintage racer, or....will you use a CarJunkieTV type theme (70's retro of course)?

Comment

Talk to me as much about the Duster... tell me what you would do with it?

K

Comment

Both projects sound great, am an avid fan of both types of racing, but I would have to go for the Charger, would really like to see your ideas on the chassis build and see how you get it to handle.

Comment

Wow, tough choice. I voted for the Charger, but it was really close. That Talladega in the December Hot Rod was bad ass, and I was drooling all over this '72 at the Dream Cruise.

My first car was a '72 Charger SE with a 318. I made my first 1/4 mile pass in that car - I think it was somewhere in the 19-second range with a bad fuel pump.

I love the early Pro-Stock cars too. That shot of Landy's Challenger coming off the line on the cover of the Hemi Power special - I want that mural-size on the wall of my garage. If I don't do a 440+6 or hemicuda clone with my '70 Barracuda, early Pro-Stocker would be my next choice. Psychedelic paint job, vintage hood scoop, tall stance, big 'n little slots.

I've already got some (4) 15x12 Ansen Sprints that don't have a home. These ones came free with my Mach 1.

Comment

Build the charger.TOO many dusters

Comment

Dave, you've shown us what you can do with a Duster. Good stuff, but kinda played out at the moment.

Do the Charger, but make it streetable(lights, horn, roll-up windows).....then thrash the living piss outta it!

Comment

Charger, Charger, Charger. ;D ;D
                            HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

All the guys posting say Charger, but the vote is 50/50. Kinda not helping! We need to pick tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X