No announcement yet.

The Great Mezzanine Thread - Steel in the Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Don has headed off on his journey to tour the US with pretty much no agenda - Myrtle Beach is next followed by Florida - maybe.

Anyhow, I owe the ol' boy big time, as y'all can plainly see. My next step is to screw down the decking and take the extra sheets to the salvage yard - unless one of you can use it. I have 5 sheets 3'x20'. It would make excellent roofing for a lean-to or some such but would need painting. I haven't used a gage but I'd guess it's 1/16 or so - pretty stout and heavy. I need to get it off the trailer soon so I can tow to Rack4U (David, in Eastern NC) and pick up the stairs and other bits. So let me know ASAP -

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; April 16, 2011, 02:07 PM.

Comment

I just got back from Waynesville, NC (west of Ashville) with another trailer load of mezzanine parts - the final load. So now the stairway is home and I'll set about getting it in place ASAP.

As always, David (Rack4U) was a gracious southern gentleman. I even got to meet the lovely Bessie, his (heretofore mythical) bride. Celeste (his daughter, who is sometimes on here) was there too and continues to be a delight. Got to see his Buick GS racecar and I'd love to tag along when he heads to the track. It still needs it's engine slipped in but with David's work ethic I'm sure that's not a problem.

Pics to come in the morning as it's too dark now.

Brian, why won't the "Search" function find this thread? I checked the spelling, etc. and I'm sure I entered it correctly. Is it because I started the thread before the Big Switch?

Dan

Comment

So I Decked Him!!!

As I get ready to leave for Mom's tomorrow, here's where things stand. The deck is down and screwed tightly, trimmed where needed, primed and painted, and it'll have 5 weeks to cure thoroughly before I start messing with it. When I get back I'll just need to install the stairs and handrail (sitting on the trailer) and I can start stuffing all the junk up here and get my shop back for it's intended purpose. I'm WIRED! (Well, as wired as I get - folks tell me I'm pretty laid back.)

Hope the pic is right way to - I turned it before I imported it and I'm not sure if it'll carry over. Here goes.......

Dan
        Attached Files
        Last edited by DanStokes; May 12, 2011, 04:58 PM. Reason: pic didn't load

Comment

Now you have a place to set your tent up when global warming raises sea level enough to put you under water =P
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
            Now you have a place to set your tent up when global warming raises sea level enough to put you under water =P
            Good point! Hopefully that won't be in my lifetime (or in yours) but who knows! But no tent - I HATE camping! Maybe an air matress and some sleeping bags. I wonder if The Boys will climb that steel stairway - it has open mesh treads.

I'll be gone for a few days as I get moved down to FL and get the PC back on line. I'll check in ASAP.

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; May 13, 2011, 06:53 AM.

Comment

cool! glad to see your getting stuff done congrats Dan!!!!
              COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Working...
              X