Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you are perfectionists when building a car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many of you are perfectionists when building a car?

Yes and no. How the car runs and drives, I'm very much a perfectionist. I'm constantly fiddling with it and I am never satisfied.

How the car looks, not at all a perfectionist. Not even close. I do, however, keep what I got looking as good as possible.I hate cluttered and dirty interiors.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

No. I know it and love it but.....no. For me it's all about bang for the buck.And paint and upholstery don't make it any faster down the quarter,down the off ramp or through the curves on my trips thru the mountains of the Southeast.That and once the engineering of getting the bigger motor in the project and getting the widest wheels and tires I can afford under it without jacking it up, I lose intrest and move on to the next "engineering project".I decided I would save some cash If I just bought a nice car and just tweeked it over time. I've had the GTA 5-6 years and the only real changes are a slightly wider tire; 5speed instead of the auto,and clear coat that is all but gone on the roof and hood and outside mirrors and it lost the tpi a year ago.I feel I've lost ground but.....I've had a lot of fun.This is the longest I've had any car.I think its a life time project.

Comment

Being a bit obsessive/compulsive there are a few things that I can't stand. Sometimes I go overboard on things that most people wouldn't think twice about, here's a perfect example. A few years ago when I cleaned up the blue Montego I sanded and painted the wheels. It took 3 tries to find the perfect black paint that had just the right amount of gloss. Then I painted the front hubs cast iron grey, then wire brushed the wheel studs, then I went and bought 20 brand new lug nuts and 2 new dust caps and clear coated the whole mess so they wouldn't rust. And all of this on a car with a rattle can paint job, sagging headliner and ripped seats, but DAMN those wheels looked nice!

Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

My perfection depends on my pocket book...... So it usually low..... Not a problem though..... Just knowing I did the best with what I had makes me happy... I say " It's good enough!" Now lets play with it..... ;D

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
          1966 Plymouth Fury III
          2014 Dodge Ram 1500
          Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
          Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

i blew my budget when i was building my tube chassis 70 chevelle back in the late 90s..ihad cut up a perfectly running solid car to keep up with the Joneses...NEVER AGAIN/

my nova's paint is 14 years old..has some scratches here and there on the drivers side 1/4//a very smallrust lump developing on the lower pass frnder and door..it looks great from 10 feet...andi dont really care..i fell it gives the car character..lol

i was pointed out the rust spots by a fellow local yocal who ended up at the shop to check i out.... "its a real nice car" he stated, "too bad about the rust"

"i don't care ...makes 800HP"...."and doesn't wreak of mothballs like yours."

what a Dink...some people...it used to get to me...not anymore..

"IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Originally posted by nosnerd
              "and doesn't wreak of mothballs like yours."

Potential quote of the month...Classic!! ;D

Comment

??? I dont know what the big deal is about tinkering.I have changed my mufflers 5 times,almost there.Did see a pair of tip mufflers on a Mustang that I liked : :
                Danny/Zachary
                HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Working...
                X