Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3 Ton Craftsman Floor Jack

Originally posted by DanStokes
    I had a nice old Blackhawk but it had gotten pretty shabby (leaking, etc.) and needed a rebuild. I decided not to move it to NC and installed the hoist first thing when I got the shop up so I don't need the floor jack too much. So I bought a Harbor Freight 2 1/2 ton and so far (several years) it's been perfect. For infrequent use it's just right and if it starts leaking I'll toss it and get another.

Cool that Mrs. Joe is looking out for you. If she really loves you she'll make sure you get a good set of jackstands, too.

Dan
    The jacks stands I have...a yard sale score about 10 years back ( she got them for me)...they are pretty stout and only cost her 5 bucks....

It is funny because she asked what other tools could I possibly need that I dont already have...LMAO REALLY woman? Really? well the list starts here and ends there...we can start with a break, a drill press, band saw, engine hoist, bigger compressor...she says..alright, alright I get the picture

A dream of mine is to have a garage big enough to put my tools and car in, and have room to walk around
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Seriously, keep fighting the good fight! ;) You'll get there.
      At the age of 18 I changed my first car engine in my parents front yard using a tiny tool box and a rented engine lift.
      A scant 20-some years later I have some great stuff in a fine 3-car garage... AND a fancy new floor jack on order.
      keep clever and you will get where you want to go, and when you get there, enjoy the hell out it ;D

Great score on the old jack stands, old tools are the real deal. my buddy's shop has lots of great old stuff and it is soooooooo much better then the new china tools.

Comment

Less garage - more cars

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick
          Seriously, keep fighting the good fight! ;) You'll get there.
          At the age of 18 I changed my first car engine in my parents front yard using a tiny tool box and a rented engine lift.
          A scant 20-some years later I have some great stuff in a fine 3-car garage... AND a fancy new floor jack on order.
          keep clever and you will get where you want to go, and when you get there, enjoy the hell out it ;D

Great score on the old jack stands, old tools are the real deal. my buddy's shop has lots of great old stuff and it is soooooooo much better then the new china tools.
          Did my first engine change at 20, at the hobby shop on base. I do most of my big maintenace there becasue the housing nazis bet pissed when a car is on blocks in the driveway...we are not supposed to work on our cars in housing at all...LOL, yeah right.

I have a good set of hand tools that I add to every now and then, I have a decent hammer and dolley set, lots of power tools, a welder, jack stands, ramps, lights, torque wrenches...so how the hell did I go sol long without a damn jack...

I keep chipping away at the list...I will get there..lets just hope it is before I am too old to use them.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

As long as we're talking about Jacks, note the old Walker floor jack sitting by the back bumper of my Caprice, That picture was taken in 1968 and that jack went to all the races with me, it's only had one rebuild and I still use it today.

Comment

Working...
            X