Hey East Coasters, how's the weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey East Coasters, how's the weather?

I hear there is plenty of white stuff headed that way? how you all doing? did it hit you yet?
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Re: Hey East Coasters, how's the weather?

Whaaaat? Cant hear you over the WINNNNNDDDDD. Nah in all seriousness not too much snow here yet. Lots of wind, few inches of the white stuff.
    Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Joe, the storm is really hauling ass here right now.

Got the antique JD snowmobile working today and hooliganism will ensue tomorrow!!!

Goliath made bitches out of the small snow banks already today. We'll see if he has the skills tomorrow when they are man sized. This is the first truly legit blizzard we have had since 2006. I'm loving it.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

sounds like a freight train is in my yard. The wind is howling, it's snowing sideways! We're suppose to get about 20". I'm about 15 miles north on NYC, in NJ. I live right on the NY state border, about a 5 minute walk to the NY border from my house.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

11 to 17 ADDITIONAL inches by morning. probably have close to ten already.

Comment

global warming strikes again

Comment

and to think im bitching about having to take the dogs out for a walk and the temp is around 40 with no wind, guess i hafta man up and go do it lol
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

We've got what we'll get in eastern TN. A couple inches here, and some flurries today, but it'll all sit there for a while as the temp is well below freezing now, and not said to get above until maybe Tuesday.

I've worn out the saying and proverb by now, I know, but it's really funny how snow, and a little bit of snow, shuts down the whole Southeast whenever it so rarely happens. Good thing we're on holidays. Most folks can just sit and look out the window and look at it.

But the whole collective "we" down South can't (or don't know how to) drive in it. Ask Pumpkin. He got behind a car that was....well, it's up to him to tell it. All he was, was out on Southern streets when it snowed, even a little bit. It's funny, but it doesn't matter which way you turn your head in any direction, thats what's going on during it all.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Due to SNOW, the John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK) was closed as of Dec 26 at 08:17 PM EST. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Dec 27 at 05:00 AM EST.

Comment

just windy no, about 2 hrs outside of philly . missed the snow....again.
                    Reading , Pa
                    Good Guys rodders rep.
                    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                      Due to SNOW, the John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK) was closed as of Dec 26 at 08:17 PM EST. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Dec 27 at 05:00 AM EST.
                      rare.

I guess this storm has some history for the NWS as never being recorded..

a blizzard warning all at the same time, from virginia coast to eastport maine.

I have guessed near 2 feet for bangor area, snowing four hours ahead of time.. no wind at all yet. the weather people get so thoroughly confused about this place.. as if it all lays out like an even layer of butter. :
                      part of the surprises.

;)

Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Man it sounds like some of you guys are getting hammered....the high here was about 68...rough life...(rub salt in those wounds HAHAHA)

Really though, I miss that stuff, I have been out here since 01 and I have only seen snow once here in the valley. I know it can be a holy PITA, I grew up in Pennsylvania and I know the ass pain involved...but I still miss it.

I lived in Alaska for about 4 years before moving back here to Tucson and I loved it there...

So, I will be sleeping tonight with the windows open and the cool breeze cooling the house to plesent sleeping temps....you folks stay warm ;D
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Still blowing pretty hard here, depending on where, you measure we've got 6"-8" drifting up over the 6 foot fence. They're predicting over 18" in Manhattan, which is opposite, usually it's less in the city and more on the Island.

I think JFK closed because they've had sustained 36 mph winds gusting to 54. That and I'm sure there's nothing coming in from anywhere anyway.
                          sigpic

Comment

I left the house here in New Tazewell Tn this morning @7 ,already a few inches here and the roads was a bitch. Hit 25e down to I40 and headed East to NC, roads was a bitch, headed into the gorge in NC and the roads was the ultimate bitch over 6'' of snow @ the 10 mile marker in NC. I made it to Asheville and hit I 26 east and the roads cleared up but the winds and snow never stopped all the way to Charleston SC. I had to pick my daughter up and bring her back for the week, she is 19 and off from school.
                            Spent a hour with my other boys in Charleston and headed back.
                            The trip back was great all the way back to the 30 mile marker heading west when all hell broke loose again, as I slowly made my way back towards Tenn. I stopped at the 10 mile marker heading west this time. After a rough measurement in the snow we came up with about 14'' around 9pm tonight.
                            I 40 through the gorge was still the worst I had ever seen as far as snow, luckily no ice.
                            392 miles one way , almost 800 for the round trip and it was a bitch from start to finish.
                            The good thing, my daughter is home with me , no tickets , no accidents, home 1130pm

Comment

glad you made it home safe!!!
                              COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Working...
                              X