Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1921 Ford Model T too cheap?

aren't these generally $10k cars?

1921 Model 'T' roadster. Runs fine - electric or crank start. Wooden body, also includes some metal replacement body parts and new battery. Clean title. The car is all orginal except the body surrounding the seat is homemade. I have a lot of body parts for the car. I bought this great car before the kids came along, but no time for this hobby now! $4000

Re: 1921 Ford Model T too cheap?

I don't know. Just how big of a demand are there for these? People like to collect cars that they wish they could have bought when they were first driving. How many guys are left from this generation of cars? Make mine a mid 60's to early 70's muscle car.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

probably a scam

See lots of 5 year old cars advertised for under 3k here on cl, they're all scams.

If there's a phone number in the ad, then it could be legit.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Well, it isn't restored and the parts needed to make it correct would run up a pretty penny, so 4k doesn't sound that bad to me.

Comment

Originally posted by joe_rocket45
          aren't these generally $10k cars?

1921 Model 'T' roadster. Runs fine - electric or crank start. Wooden body, also includes some metal replacement body parts and new battery. Clean title. The car is all orginal except the body surrounding the seat is homemade. I have a lot of body parts for the car. I bought this great car before the kids came along, but no time for this hobby now! $4000

Danger Will Robinson, run away, run away. Sounds like you're getting a frame and cowl for that.
          sigpic

Comment

It would need a body if you wanted to make a "real" T out of it. But for a chug around town/parade car, it might be OK. I'd do the usual checks (compression, leakdown, oil pressure, etc.) and see what you have there. It looks pretty cute but who knows how much car there is? I don't know how far away it is from you but I'd go take a look if interested.

Dan

Comment

Working...
            X