Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's what CarJunkieTV.com will look like! Plus our shows and features!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's what CarJunkieTV.com will look like! Plus our shows and features!

Down below is a sample page of what will be coming as soon as next week. Along the left edge is the menu of all the different shows that will be on the site. They are:

Wide Open: About our random gearhead adventures, like the Baja trip and minibike racing and Bonneville and stuff.

Suck Squeeze Bang Blow: The show about nuthin' but engines tested on the dyno and the track. The SSBB page will also have a link to a Horsepower Database of proven engine combos. These engine setups will come from our own testing and will also have space for users to upload their own dyno-test results.

Speedwrench: Installing and testing speed parts that are not related to engines.

Motorpool: The show about building all our project cars

Readers' Rides: Users will be able to upload photos and info on their own cars. We will pick one car a week to become the Car of the Week, which will appear in the upper left hand corner of most of the pages on the site. Car of the Week owners will get a free T-shirt.

Burnout Mondays: This is an online burnout contest. Users will upload burnout videos and we will choose which ones enter the contest. Tjere will be two burnout videos shown side-by-side, and the users will be able to vote on which one they like best. Every Monday we will reveal the results and the loser will drop out. The winner progresses to the next round and faces a new challenger. Each weekly winner gets a free t-shirt.

The Buzz: This is a news blog that will feature daily or hourly updates on what's going on in the land of gearheads. There is also a tab on this page to read a daily blog from Chad and me.

New Products: Our New Products blog will have daily updates about the latest speed parts on the market. We can upload this info as soon as it is released so you don't have to wait three months like you do with a magazine.

Mouthing Off: This is the page with editorials from Chad and me. There will be a new one about every two weeks.

Junk Box: This is home for the really quick videos that we'll have, including bloopers, fun stuff, tech tips, and promo vids that we'll also post on YouTube and elsewhere.

Also note that you will be able to rate and discuss every video and every story that appears on the site. We'll have about three new videos a week in addition to other daily updates in photo galleries, news, text stories, new products, Horsepower Database entries, and Readers Rides. So there will be stuff to see all the time.

As of now we have three to four weeks of videos shot and mostly edited. Soon I will provide a link so you can start sending us photos and videos. We have four programmers working through the weekend to get all the features functional so we can be live some time next week. There will be additional features appearing in the weeks and months to follow.

Here's the basic look of the site. Naturally, none of the animations or buttons work here:

Re: Here's what CarJunkieTV.com will look like! Plus our shows and features!

Drooling ;D
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

By the way, see the area with the blue border? The one the F-Bomb engine is seen in in the sample? That is how large the videos will play. It's a 16x9 aspect ratio, just like a flatscreen TV. The videos are precached to play quickly.

Comment

Very appealing. Looking forward to it.

*Sigh* I already waste too much time on the computer........

Comment

Noiiicce!!
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

the car in the Speedwrench link window has a Caddy flathead?

Looks great, can't wait to waste yet more time on the computer! and I'll have to get with the program and go widescreen, eh?
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
              and I'll have to get with the program and go widescreen, eh?
              It'll play on any computer screen you have, but will be just be smaller in the window if you have 4:3.

Comment

Looks good, you can count on me being there, nice layout.
                Living the dream!

Comment

Very Cool!! :o

RickSSR 8)

Comment

How's the compression on the video going to be? will it look ok full screen?
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

SWEET!!! ;D finally a junkie's fix

Comment

Color choices are great. I like the look and feel. Looks similiar to a magazine layout. The text and highlights are great. I would like to see the navigation bar on top become a little more prominent with button highlights behind each link. I love the CarJunkieTV logo but it should probably take on rectangular shape to fit layout and form of the rest of the page.

Content looks excellent. With good content, look and feel don't matter much. Combine a great looking site with great content and you can set the bar. Other popular sites do well because the user base does most of the work. I will be interested to see how well you incorporate that dynamic versus how much labor you can throw at content generation. If CarJunkieTV can combine labor that would normally fall behind magazine/tv ventures with the dynamic of a strong online community, you well set the bar very high.

I'm excited to see things go live. I'll give more feedback (if it's wanted), specifically related to navigation, when you flip the switch. Nice work guys!

Comment

Originally posted by MnHotRods
                          I'm excited to see things go live. I'll give more feedback (if it's wanted),
                          Sure, all feedback is worthwhile. Well, most of it anyway.

Comment

NOW, you're talking. Good thing I just picked up a new desktop with a 24" monitor.
                            1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Looking good guys!
                              I like the 'flat', clear, easy to navigate layout of things.
                              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Working...
                              X