• Show
Clear All

Re: help

stored photos kill laptop memory

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
      stored photos kill laptop memory
      at 130.00 for a TERABYTE of storage on a USB external drive, not even on sale, I don't agree.

1,000,000,000,000 bytes ... lots of pictures... Lots and Lots of pictures. Even the SD cards have gotten so dirt cheap you don't have to dump them, just get a new one and snap away. Most laptops have a SD card reader in them.

--->>> onward through the fog.

Nesabo may be on it, the disc may have never been "Closed" on the computer the CD was burned on, but if it spins up , stalls, spins up, stalls, and stops trying, it's possible the disc is having problems. 100% successful burn rates are more common than they used to be. We used to make coasters out of the cd's all the time.

CD cleaners are like halogen headlight fluid. If it's scratched so bad it won't read, it's usually all the way through the reflective material and won't read when polished either.

Comment

have you try'd reading a different disc?
        does that disc read????/ yes or no.
        if no.. go to http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/
        windows updates have rendered disc drives in-op
        this will fix it..

Comment

If it was posted, I did not see it. What kind of camera did you use to take the pics? Is it digital? If so, then you should have the pics still on the memory stick/card/disc in the camera. You can just load them on your hard drive and then load them on Photobucket or which ever site you wish.

Deleted the pics from your camera?

Heh heh... this is a NIFTY little tool:

Pandora Recovery is the ultimate source of data recovery software rankings, comparisons, recommendations, and more.

If you can connect your camera via a USB cable to your computer, it acts as an additional drive. This program can access this drive and retrieve ANY deleted file. It works. I have used it SEVERAL times to retrieve errantly deleted videos and pics from my Sony camera.

Ron
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I think he had some old photographs that he took to a store and had scanned, and the image files put on a CD. He brought the CD home, put it in his computer, and it didn't automatically display the images.

First thing to do is to look for the CD in windows explorer, to see if the computer can read it at all. If it can, then see what kind of files are on it, and see if you have an application that will open them.

If the computer can't read the CD, maybe take the computer and the CD and the old photos back to the store and demand money back or that they make a new one that works, or otherwise get some use out of the money spent.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

That makes sense and makes me think Nesabo may be right. Somebody didn't "close" the disk. If they put it in the same machine, they may be able to just "close" it and it will probably be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                I think he had some old photographs that he took to a store and had scanned, and the image files put on a CD. He brought the CD home, put it in his computer, and it didn't automatically display the images.

First thing to do is to look for the CD in windows explorer, to see if the computer can read it at all. If it can, then see what kind of files are on it, and see if you have an application that will open them.

If the computer can't read the CD, maybe take the computer and the CD and the old photos back to the store and demand money back or that they make a new one that works, or otherwise get some use out of the money spent.
                This is correct.
                I looked and to me it doesn't appear it has been opened, I tried a couple other CD/DVD's and it's the same thing. I'll have a chance to go out later and I'll see if I can find a cleaner or something.
                Originally posted by TC
                also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I bought one of those DVD cleaner disks with the little brushes on it and whamo...it worked.
                  I'm uploading pics now, thanks everyone.
                  Originally posted by TC
                  also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
                  X