Who makes good gas tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who makes good gas tanks

I cant seem to find a decent gas tank..not a OE style They are very expensive, I dont really want a "cell" becasue I want the trunk. Any one know a manufactureer of universal fit gas tanks, sheetmetal style?

thanks

Re: Who makes good gas tanks

You can check this out and see what Rick can do. He's a friend of mine here in El Paso (little Rick). You can tell him I refferred you, but I don't know if it will help any. They are one of the best you can get and can be set up with an in-tank pump for carb or injection. But if you're worried about the cost of OE replacement tanks, he's not the guy for you. They are pricey. :o

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

Comment

you could do one of the long skinnie fuel cells that would fit closer to the back of the trunk and you would still have space in your trunk.

Comment

Is there a cell that will flush mout...like if I cut the floor out

I found an OE for 400 bucks..I may just have to go that route...or try to seal it myself...

Comment

Weld it! ;D ;D ;D ;D :o

Comment

all you would have to do is build some brackets to hold it in to place. what i would do if you are thinking about putting a cell in under the car is only cut the hole for the top so you can put gas in.

Comment

New tank is 400 and a new pickup is 118...seems more cost effective to get a cell...I guess i will have to figure somethin out...I'll post pictures of the mayhem when I start

Comment

Originally posted by smallblockjay
                You can check this out and see what Rick can do. He's a friend of mine here in El Paso (little Rick). You can tell him I refferred you, but I don't know if it will help any. They are one of the best you can get and can be set up with an in-tank pump for carb or injection. But if you're worried about the cost of OE replacement tanks, he's not the guy for you. They are pricey. :o

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.
                Rick and Hector are good friends of mine too, knew them back when I was an El Pasoan, and I can vouch for his work-
                tell them I said hey and Hector owes me lunch at Chicos

Comment

inline tube, $189.00 part # incr14 the ring and seal are included, neck is not. use your old one.
                  they also have sending units for the fury in 3/8 or 5/16 pickup tubes for $149.00

Inline Tube is the largest manufacturer of automotive preformed replacement brake lines and fuel lines with an extensive catalog of award winning restoration parts. From disc brake conversions to DIY kits, trust in the industry leading experts. Order online today!

Reading , Pa
                  Good Guys rodders rep.
                  "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                  Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I checked those guys out...the stuff looks great...but it also looks expensive...shoestring budgets dont allow for purchases of that magnitude....but if I could trade on of my kids....Then we would be in bussiness (JK)

Comment

unless you go witha used cell, by the time you buy a new cell, sending unit and fittings ,lines you may be close to the $189. re use your pickup and its a bolt in. plus then no smelling fuel when out cruising.
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/GasTanks/Plymouth/Fury slightly cheaper. ;D
                        Reading , Pa
                        Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
                          I checked those guys out...the stuff looks great...but it also looks expensive...shoestring budgets dont allow for purchases of that magnitude....but if I could trade on of my kids....Then we would be in bussiness (JK)
                          I bought a set of DOT-legal braided stainless brake lines for my Explorer from them, top notch, great to speak to. Some things are worth putting the extra scratch together for, one of their tanks would be it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Check Hemmings. There's a company that makes a pour-in tank reliner that's supposed to work well (I have not personally used it). You mix two components together and pour it in the tank, then swirl it around and let it set up. They use it on antiques with unobtanium tanks, evidently with some success. Worth a look.....

Dan

Comment

Working...
                            X