Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tips for Pamona Swap Meet???...taking the altered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips for Pamona Swap Meet???...taking the altered.

I'm getting cabin fever and have NEVER been to the Pamona Swap Meet. Planning on leaving the Fiat on my short trailer. Any of you Pomona pros have tips?
    I'm tired of looking at this thing......
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Re: Any tips for Pamona Swap Meet???...taking the altered.

You have got to be kidding.Tired of looking at it. We have one running around the SW side of Indy .Its drab olive green and I cannot get enough of it.

Comment

Originally posted by hoosiergta
      You have got to be kidding.Tired of looking at it. We have one running around the SW side of Indy .Its drab olive green and I cannot get enough of it.
      It was my daughters.....til she decided to move in with her BF. She still expected me to pay the racing bills while she played house......UM....YA....don't think so.So it's been parked and put up for sale.

Comment

I see. My youngest daughter just moved out . Just poked a hole in a perfectly good nose. I ought to sell her Tahoe that is still in my name.

Comment

;D it just needs a white and checkered flag paint job ;D

ps I understand your frustration >

I took care of my nephue for several years he WAS a bright kid! >
          COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman71
            ;D it just needs a white and checkered flag paint job ;D

ps I understand your frustration >

I took care of my nephue for several years he WAS a bright kid! >
            NOPE...I'm a door slammer guy....she grew up through the junior ranks....she hated door cars.

Comment

oh I see. thats cool
              COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Depends.Price it to sell the first day or wait for offers on the last day.Im no help > Anyone else in the family interested in driving it? I know a red headed 50 year old you can adopt. ;D

Comment

If you are taking it there to be sell it. I'd say price it to sell and it will sell. If you want every last penny from it, you'll be dragging it home. The fair priced stuff goes quick. The guys who want to get rich, don't sell stuff.

Put some gas in it and fire it a few times. You'll get guys surrounding you on it.

Remember, Pomona brings in buyers from world wide.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ksj1
                    Depends.Price it to sell the first day or wait for offers on the last day.Im no help > Anyone else in the family interested in driving it? I know a red headed 50 year old you can adopt. ;D
                    My boy is 12....and we're working on getting him a Nostalgia Funny Car ( http://www.nostalgiafunnycarbodies.c...es/duster.html ) We'll start in NE1 then possibly move to Nitro.My daughter loves the Fiat....so selling it is more symbolic than anything else. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                      If you are taking it there to be sell it. I'd say price it to sell and it will sell. If you want every last penny from it, you'll be dragging it home. The fair priced stuff goes quick. The guys who want to get rich, don't sell stuff.

Put some gas in it and fire it a few times. You'll get guys surrounding you on it.

Remember, Pomona brings in buyers from world wide.
                      Planning on making a banner with a "HEAR IT RUN" schedule on it.Taking 10 gallons of Methanol....plenty of de-icer too....LOL

Comment

When are you bringing it? I may head out there to see it and meet another BSer.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                          When are you bringing it? I may head out there to see it and meet another BSer.
                          Coming down on the 15th...swap meet is the 16th. Bringin some buddies with me.....I'd love to meet the driver to the stars. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman
                            Originally posted by ksj1
                            My boy is 12....and we're working on getting him a Nostalgia Funny Car ( http://www.nostalgiafunnycarbodies.c...es/duster.html ) We'll start in NE1 then possibly move to Nitro.My daughter loves the Fiat....so selling it is more symbolic than anything else. ;)

16 years ago this pic was taken of my daughter. That's the closest I ever got her to go to a track. She is away in college now doing well, got a four year scholarship. She spent a year in Germany thru school and got to see a lot of Europe through her college. I really don't see much of her any more. She is talking about going back to Europe after she finishes school. They got to grow sometime and have to live their life sooner or later. I would spent all the money in the world to have my daughter interested in racing and being able to spend time doing it with her even if she didn't live at home, and I would invite her boyfriend to come along also. I think your making a big mistake if your selling it out of spite. Enjoy the time you got because before you know it they leave the nest and move on the other side of the world and all you got are pictures to post up on a post board. Her 2nd choice out of school is to take an internship at my work, she finds my work interesting after years of finding it boring. It's her choice but I hoping she picks door number 2 cause I can't help worrying about her.

Comment

You know if a daughter moves out with a BF, some would say that un-obligates you to pay for a big wedding later when and if the request ever comes. Your call... ;)

It's not a "spite" thing, it's just a matter of choices/consequences. Like where if you get good grades in school, somebody might be willing to step up and offer a scholarship to help you continue. If not, then...not.

Comment

Working...
                              X