Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Ever Rent an On-site Storage Box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone Ever Rent an On-site Storage Box?

post the parts on teamcamaro.com

Comment

Thanks, Taz. I'll give that a try.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
        So far the best price is from Tidewater, a local firm that rents shipping containers. A 20 footer is $88/mo but they charge another $88 each way to deliver it and pick it up. It's about the same price as E-Z Box or PODS but it's quite a bit bigger. Guess I'll go that way.

Dan
        Sounds like a good price Dan. When I had mine it was nice to have the stuff on site in case I needed something that was in the container.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Dan,
          Pods are the most expensive..... I am currently using 1-800-PackRat, I got a deal on the 18' for 6 months for $155 a month.... Door to door service is awesome..... Pickup and delivery is another $140, well worth the effort in all the many, many, many trips to a local storage site and best of all its sits right out side of your place.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
          1966 Plymouth Fury III
          2014 Dodge Ram 1500
          Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
          Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

I'm going with Tidewater. They rent those ocean-going shipping containers. As mentioned, they are plentiful and cheap around here. I could buy a nearly new one for $2400 and a well used but secure and dry one for $1600. As I said, I just can't use it after a month from now. That's from Tidewater and I'll wager I could beat that price if I asked around at the docks a bit (since 9-11 the actual port is pretty well secured but there are all kinds of trucking companies right outside the gate).

Anyhow, it'll be here on Tuesday and I have a phone number for a goon to help manhandle stuff into the container once on site. Things will get a LOT easier then.

Dan

Comment

you're renting or buying?
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

it makes sense for convenience and short term. Anything long term you already know the better answer... but for a couple of months at

88 deliver
                88x2 months
                88 removal

You're money ahead. The dropoff and pickup are worth it, and 176.00 for a couple of months beats hell out of 1600.00 or more. You'd probably have to pay a couple hundred (like 400) to have a 40 foot container dropped off, and then it's pretty immobile.

Comment

I'll rent. I don't plan to have it for more than a month. In my fantasies the steel should go up pretty quickly.

Dan

Originally posted by Buickguy
                  you're renting or buying?

Comment

Working...
                  X