Bloody mary tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody mary tips?

being off work, Ive been trying to make a good Bloody Mary . I havent Had any luck, so how about posting up your tips and recipes .
    I hopefully only have one more week to experiment!
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Re: Bloody mary tips?

Not at all what you're looking for but:

1 part Jack Daniel's
    1 part Coke
    Ice

Enjoy.

1 Part Jeremiah Weed Bourbon Liqueur
    Ice

Enjoy.
    Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Always use good vodka. Make sure you add Worcestershire sauce, tabasco and a little bit of lemon. A pinch of pepper will seal the deal.

I usually go 3:1 tomato juice:vodka. Tastes differ though.

Comment

Ever try a Bloody Maria? Tomato juice with a healthy shot of Tequila, Tabasco, pepper and a small pinch of chili powder. A slice of jalapeno to top it and you got a drink guaranteed to make any wimp into a mean mo-fo. ;D

Comment

Are you starting with straight tomatoe juice or are you using one of the bottled mixes?

I'm not a huge fan of these but know a few folks that are coniseurs of them, they all recommend the Mr&Mrs T's mixer as a starting point... then add different ingredients depending on the amount of heat required.

Dill pickle spears as a stirring stick is an interesting twist - far more flavorful than the typical chunk of celery.

Tobasco/Franks redhot, wirstechershire, ground black pepper, and even soy sauce were mentioned...
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I haven't tried this, but I know it's good :

Whip Cream flavored vodka (actually tastes more like vanilla cream soda) with orange soda
            Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Whip Cream flavored Vodka? girly man stuff.

I like to use Absolute Peppar chile spiced Vodka, fresh horseradish, fresh ground pepper, lime juice, the already listed Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce to taste. Celery stick as the stirrer.

As for pre-made mixes I like Tabasco's pre-mix stuff as it starts with all the good stuff and you can just tune it up a bit. They have good recipes on their web site.

Making the tomato base is an art form I am a bit lame at hence the Tabasco mix as the starting point.
              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

woo hoo, going shopping, cant wait till friday morning
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.
                "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Doug, when I ived in WA. they had a variation of the bloody mary called a clam digger. Instead of tomato juice they use "Clamato" Good stuff! Clamato website with recipes>> http://www.clamato.com/en/ Mute it though, some annoying (to me anyway) music.
                  "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                    Doug, when I ived in WA. they had a variation of the bloody mary called a clam digger. Instead of tomato juice they use "Clamato" Good stuff! Clamato website with recipes>> http://www.clamato.com/en/ Mute it though, some annoying (to me anyway) music.
                    Clamato does make a good bloody mary. I wasn't sure how regional it is though.

Comment

There is a bacon flavored vodka that's supposed to be kick ass in a Bloody Mary.
                      http://bakonvodka.com/
                      I'm probably wrong

Comment

I haven't drunk alcohol in nearly 30 years but I still make a mean Virgin Mary. 'Tain't hard - V8 juice and Worcestershire to taste. V8 makes everything better - but I don't care for the low salt variety.

Dan

Comment

V8 makes a spicy hot too - great starting point.
                          And there's always red beers for the ones who don't like Bloody Marys.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill

I like to use Absolute Peppar chile spiced Vodka, fresh horseradish, fresh ground pepper, lime juice, the already listed Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce to taste. Celery stick as the stirrer.

As for pre-made mixes I like Tabasco's pre-mix stuff as it starts with all the good stuff and you can just tune it up a bit. They have good recipes on their web site.

Making the tomato base is an art form I am a bit lame at hence the Tabasco mix as the starting point.
                            Sounds like too much work.

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
                            V8 spicy hot - great starting point.
                            That's the way I used to make em.

Originally posted by DanStokes
                            I haven't drunk alcohol in nearly 30 years but I still make a mean Virgin Mary. 'Tain't hard - V8 juice and Worcestershire to taste. V8 makes everything better - but I don't care for the low salt variety.

Dan
                            Yesterday was 3 months for me. I can't imagine wanting to tease myself with a virgin version of something I used to drink. Perhaps in time? Perhaps not.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                              V8s make everything better
                              ;D
                              Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Working...
                              X