Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy Emmanuel - Classical Gas

Pee Wee, here is some guitar work for you to admire

http://www.youtube.com/v/hU-3_D26mUg&feature=player_embedded#!
    sigpic

Re: Tommy Emmanuel - Classical Gas

Wow, I'll say. That's butt-kicking. He's using a thumb pic to flat-pick and then he finger-picks with the rest of his fingers naked. I tried a thumb pick and I just can't use it. That's definitely a style I just have to stand back and listen to and admire.

Tommy Emmanuel is nothing short of fantastic, and it all comes down to acquired taste, no matter what the style or ability of the artist.

Not at all to derail the Emmanuel thread, but thanks to a link Eagle posted recently...Just so everybody knows where I stand, this one makes my eyes roll back in my head and I get nearly unconscious listening to it. I feel like I just want to pass out, every time. This for me is the big IT. Holy flyin' lizards:

Roy Rogers, 2004 Mendocino College Artist in Residence performs the Robert Johnson song 'Terraplane Blues'.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Two AWESOME players.

Stopped a 4 and 2 year old in their screaming tracks and they listened all the way through both tunes.

Man, that's great stuff.
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I'll see your Blues guitar , and raise you a Ukulele

FFWD thru the first 1:30 to get to where he gets down , it is incredible too

Jake Shimabukuro talking about his newest album "Peace Love Ukulele" (Release date on January 4th) also performing his original "Bring Your Adz".
        sigpic

Comment

Hey Chad.......maybe the Uculele would make a great starter guitar! Anyways all three were great ! Since I went to Memphis last summer.....well Roy would be my favorite of the three.

Comment

Pee wee, no comment on the Uk player ?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad
              Pee wee, no comment on the Uk player ?
              Yeah, sure! He's.....he's got 4 strings, and .... well, anybody who can play anything that well , they kinda make me sick with jealousy.

But the Uke guy, he is another sensation, but I can say from what relatively little experience I've had with it, I can assure the concerned public that it in fact does NOT physically hurt to play a stringed instrument, not to the point that you have to make such pained faces while you're doing it.

But all the years ago playing in an entirely too large band, the band leader accused me of looking like I was balancing my checkbook while I was playing a lead break.

Guitar face. I can't do it. I don't have that much brain left while I'm thinking about what I'm playing. Like, okay while I'm playing this amazing lick, I'll squinch my face up at the same time and the girls will love it. No, I don't have that much brain. Some players do, but I don't.

Sure, the Uke guy is great, sorry I didn't say so to begin with. That's amazing, what he does with that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
                Guitar face. I can't do it. I don't have that much brain left while I'm thinking about what I'm playing. Like, okay while I'm playing this amazing lick, I'll squinch my face up at the same time and the girls will love it. No, I don't have that much brain. Some players do, but I don't.
                peewee, is this what you mean by "guitar face?"

LOL, that's my buddy, Josh, tearing up the strat. The bottom pick is him playing with Trampled Under Foot (on MY Strat!). Good stuff!

Ron
                It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Yeah, that would be it alright.

Ron, please let's not alarm the public. It does NOT hurt to play a guitar.

I can't stress that enough. It is not painful or life-threatening in any way. It's a ruse. It's fake. It ain't true.

Comment

I am still listening to pwees xmas jig half timed.

I got sick of guitar by the time I was ten. nothing was real..
                    early 80s had screaming white snakes van halens or newbie syntheics.

evrtyones defintion of the blues was the same. I quit playing at the age of ten...

one day the drunk babysitter (I was 11-12, did not really need one), asked me to play drums while he played guitar.. I humored it when he said he would play the blues, my bro and sister listened in, he was keeping us preoccupied.

little did I know a full grown man could play from the heart...a lesson I never forgot. Don't even need to be a gentle man if ya know what I mean...
                    this subject still upsets me.

here is one, I could not determine if it was a femmie , not to insult, but he is playing like he means it. I respect this..

Watch the official music video for "Hallelujah" by Jeff BuckleyListen to Jeff Buckley: https://JeffBuckley.lnk.to/listen_YDSubscribe to the official Jeff Buc...

Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main
                      I am still listening to pwees xmas jig half timed.

I got sick of guitar by the time I was ten. nothing was real..
                      early 80s had screaming white snakes van halens or newbie syntheics.

evrtyones defintion of the blues was the same. I quit playing at the age of ten...

one day the drunk babysitter (I was 11-12, did not really need one), asked me to play drums while he played guitar.. I humored it when he said he would play the blues, my bro and sister listened in, he was keeping us preoccupied.

little did I know a full grown man could play from the heart...a lesson I never forgot. Don't even need to be a gentle man if ya know what I mean...
                      this subject still upsets me.

here is one, I could not determine if it was a femmie , not to insult, but he is playing like he means it. I respect this..

Watch the official music video for "Hallelujah" by Jeff BuckleyListen to Jeff Buckley: https://JeffBuckley.lnk.to/listen_YDSubscribe to the official Jeff Buc...

Boxer, it always ceases to amaze me how every other human on this earth (that video as yet another example)....everybody plays and sings better than I ever could. And we (or at least I) made such great sport of the guy on another forum who made motorcycle exhaust pipes out of juice cans.

I''m not sure what point I'm trying to make....Somebody help me. I'm getting lost, here. Stude already asked me to ship him all of my music stuff so he could sell it. That's sounding attractive, more so as I go.

Comment

peewee, thanks...

Every once in awhile, your breadth and depth are truly revealed. You're a good guy, man. Don't ever quit the music you love.

Ron
                        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Working...
                        X