Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanna see some tight racing from the ring..?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna see some tight racing from the ring..?.

Really tight racing,but that BMW dude sure seems to know a thing or two about blocking..

Re: Wanna see some tight racing from the ring..?.

that was a fun ride, along with telling him number 1!

I often wonder what the rules of engagement are ? If he is faster and has the line do you let him by, or block and risk getting driven into?
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto
      that was a fun ride, along with telling him number 1!

I often wonder what the rules of engagement are ? If he is faster and has the line do you let him by, or block and risk getting driven into?
      If someone is faster,you let him by..gentlemans rule ;)

Comment

thats what I thought, seems like some guys are not gentleman!

watch this , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFLBanKx3oc

I think the dude in the datsun is being a dink...I may have sent him for a ride!
        Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

I love that type of racing..

this one is a favorite.. seems a diverse field.

here is a 2 liter alfa boxer climbing up on a super car.

On board with Tim Lewis in his 2.0 Supercharged Alfa Romeo Alfasud sprint with approximately 380bhp (was 320bhp before fitting a smaller pulley) in the AMOC ...

hilarious. the chassis of the lafa in vid looks like a jetta, yes those cars that flip end over end for no reason.

another ode to some balanced engine.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

tin horn , move him

Comment

I would of punted his ass long before he finally passed him
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

;D ;D in true bangshift Form.....
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

obviously a bunch of earnhardt fans

Comment

two words... SEX BOMB!
                    when in doubt,.. throttle out

Comment

I raced people like that.... Patience in racing, keep on their back bumper, usually they make a mistake. The BMW driver, was scary stupid - notice the wobbles on the corners, actually getting into the grass on the other side of the apron.... push him by looking like you're going to slingshot him on a corner... then watch him spin into the infield... really - it's quite a satisfying experience when properly done. ;D

and really, the BMW driver wasn't doing anything wrong - when you're going roughly the same speed, there is no rule that you have to let them pass.... plus, you piss the following driver off - then he makes a mistake and the problem is solved. ;)
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
                        I raced people like that.... Patience in racing, keep on their back bumper, usually they make a mistake. The BMW driver, was scary stupid - notice the wobbles on the corners, actually getting into the grass on the other side of the apron.... push him by looking like you're going to slingshot him on a corner... then watch him spin into the infield... really - it's quite a satisfying experience when properly done. ;D

and really, the BMW driver wasn't doing anything wrong - when you're going roughly the same speed, there is no rule that you have to let them pass.... plus, you piss the following driver off - then he makes a mistake and the problem is solved. ;)
                        Gotta agree. this was a race, not an open track event. That was little more than one lap of the "ring." At no point did the Porsche driver place himself in a position that would given him the corner within generally accepted racing standards. His fender never got to the front edge of the BMWs door. And its a RACE! The BMW doesn't have to move over, and he's driving on the edge, so a little tail waggle and running to the apron is not unusual.

Chrome horn, yeah, right. Go ahead and kill someone. Plus the Porsche driver would get penalized for that behavior.

Comment

you are far too much of a gentleman for my comments

Comment

Yeah, I'm in. The blue car would have been in the woods early on, at least if I'm driving that same course on the X-Box. And I do believe that very same road course is in fact on the X-Box. It seemed mighty familiar. I saw every place we could have stayed in the gas another second and done away with the blue-hair driver in the blue car. We're being entirely too nice, sitting back there putting up with all that road-hogging pass-blocking.

And Sex Bomb drove away and we got passed twice while we're just sitting there making nice gestures that Blue never saw in his mirror while he was road-hogging.

I was disappoionted, we sat there behind Blue for the whole thing, and then on my computer the video froze. The audio kept going but the video froze, and when it came back, all of a sudden Blue is no longer in the picture. Please tell me, did we wreck him to get past? Please tell me we put him in the fence. Dang, I didn't get to see...
                            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Horsewidower, thats kinda what I was asking....when do you have the position, and when is it cool to slam the door.

since I never race on a road course, but did do some laps in anger in a small block modified. there If you can close it , you closed it!
                              As long as you were prepared to back it up in the pits!
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Working...
                              X