High School fundraiser car show PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School fundraiser car show PICS

Going to the high school my wife works at for a fund raiser car show tonight, I have a feeling it will have allot of imports and low riders as the school has a heavy hispanic population( not a bad think BTW)...I am gonna take the camera and post some pics of the "hits and misses" this could prove to be entertaining

Re: Low rider show

Low riders are not my thing, but I do appreciate the work that goes in to them and the incredible talent some of the guys have in doing the paint jobs. I have seem some awesome work, especially paint work, on low riders over the years and you can't deny these guys love their old cars just like I do. Same thing goes for the street rods and customizers. Personally, I prefer bone stock restorations as they represent an original work of art to me, but just as I can appreciate what it takes to put a muscle car back to its original condition, I recognize it takes a lot of work to put a street rod together or do a really nice custom job. I choose to do other things with my money and my time, but I recognize the value of these cars.

Besides, what a boring place the world would be if we all listened only to the Beatles, only ate steak and potatoes, and only drove one kind of car. Just like with girlfriends, variety truly is the spice of life! ;)

Comment

Re: Low rider show

Caming from an area and also being latino, these men and women have as much haert and pride as the rest of us. I'm friend to quite a few and for the most part they hot rod their low riders. Ever see the hide explode on a 13 inch white wall tire it is perrty awesome. These car are producing over 400 hp and just the craftsmanship is beyond belief. Then there are those that we could say violate every good taste rule there is.
      HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Re: High School fundraiser car show

This was formerly the "low Rider Car Show" thread I started...but I got to thinking no one whould check it out with that title sooooo....Here are some pics I took, some of the cars arent pretty nice...others....well....you can see for your self

you can see all the pics here...

The Good

Low riders are not really my thing but....I have to say I was digging this trio....

The Bad

This Continental was actualy VERY clean and well taken care of...BUT...It lost cool points with a trunk full of batteries and hydro stuff

The Ugly....

This dude is an odd guy, he never misses a show and this car is WAY uglier in person...but I give him props for loving his car and driving hte hell out of it....

Comment

Re: High School fundraiser car show PICS

no one like it huh?

Comment

Re: High School fundraiser car show

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
            This was formerly the "low Rider Car Show" thread I started...but I got to thinking no one whould check it out with that title sooooo....
            Apparently the title wasn't the problem :P That's a clean GTO though. I've always like the Pontiac Blue engine color.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I guess it wasnt.... ;D

Comment

The GTO, the el camino, the '60s GMC pickup and that early '50s Pontiac (I think) 2 dr. sedan are pretty cool.

Your photo pages link is funky. Can't get in to see 'em as your profile is set to private.

Comment

Working...
                X