tremec t-56 6spd questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tremec t-56 6spd questions

I put a T56 in my Camaro in 2006. It was very easy. Send PM and we can go over it.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREBALLMONZA
      The ls1 t56 won't bolt directly to the sbc in the monte. The input shaft is about
      .750 longer you can make a spacer. In my opinion you'd be better off with a lt1
      T56 altough I'm not sure what year motor you have in the Monte 1 or 2 piece rear
      Seal. 1 piece you can use the stock lt1 flywheel 2 piece you'll have it buy an aftermarket wheel.
      You may be able to get a clutch pedal kit for a Monte not sure about that though. You could for a 78-87 el
      Camino. If you find any lt1 t56 for 700 let me know ;D
      That's what I thought. Also the LT1 is an external slave with a fork and the LS1 is a hydraulic throwout bearing ($$$) I believe.

THat's a killer deal on an LS1 trans though, snap it up and switch to a 5.3 or 6.0. The LT1 t56 is usually $700 and the LS is $1200 or more on fleabay.
      Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Originally posted by FIREBALLMONZA
        The ls1 t56 won't bolt directly to the sbc in the monte. The input shaft is about
        .750 longer you can make a spacer. In my opinion you'd be better off with a lt1
        T56 altough I'm not sure what year motor you have in the Monte 1 or 2 piece rear
        Seal. 1 piece you can use the stock lt1 flywheel 2 piece you'll have it buy an aftermarket wheel.
        You may be able to get a clutch pedal kit for a Monte not sure about that though. You could for a 78-87 el
        Camino. If you find any lt1 t56 for 700 let me know ;D
        im not keeping the sbc in the monte, its getting either a 5.3 or a 6.0

Comment

In that case don't listen to anything I posted ;D

Comment

year one has your pedals

Comment

they are just everywhere

Comment