Weeville Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weeville Weather

This could prove to be quite interesting if you're sitting where we are on the map. And almost nobody else here IS.

It's a bit chilly outside right now, by our normal Southern standards. Here's the look on the Weeville Official Squirrel Pee Weather Station.

And there may be some moisture coming into the fray, by all of the accountable weather guessers in this entire region.

I have a prediction of my own. I predict that milk and bread will sell out. And I also predict that folks will run off of the road on the straightaway and wreck in the ditch real close to their homes. This should be interesting. As the stalwart reporter that I am, I'll keep everybody here updated on this very critical situation.

Photos available upon request.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Re: Weeville Weather

Chilly? Your outdoor and indoor temps practically match! :P We're having a heat wave here, at 2:30am, it's 25*F!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Randal, down here, this is going to be epic. Watch this - if it snows two feet in Canada, who cares? They plow the roads and keep going. Been there, saw it. No big deal.

If it snows at ALL down here....watch this. This will be on the news. The entire region paralyzed. Schools and banks and post offices closed. YIKES!!! SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean it...watch this. This is going to be BIG. It's actually funny. I have to laugh, because that's what I do - laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
        Randal, down here, this is going to be epic. Watch this - if it snows two feet in Canada, who cares? They plow the roads and keep going. Been there, saw it. No big deal.

If it snows at ALL down here....watch this. This will be on the news. The entire region paralyzed. Schools and banks and post offices closed. YIKES!!! SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean it...watch this. This is going to be BIG. It's actually funny. I have to laugh, because that's what I do - laugh.
        Funny..its like that over here too..if it snows more than 4 inches in the southern part of Norway,its all over the news..and up here in North,we just move it out of our way ;)

Comment

I saw in Canada, it's a state of mind. If snow happens there, as you say, you just shove it out of the way.

In the South it's a matter of economics. There's no reason to maintain a huge fleet of plows when you may need them every few years. So, the roads go untreated. And everybody wrecks on the untreated roads because you only see those conditions once in a rare blue moon and you don't know how to drive in it. I undersatnd it. It's money.

I hope folks don't get hurt, but beyond that, "We" sure don't know how to drive in it. It's comical, as long as nobody gets injured. No, it's hilarious, watching folks here trying to drive in it. As long as they don't hit me head-on while I'm trying to get to the store for bread and milk. :D

Comment

Latest update: It's 14 degrees and time to let Spankie the Dawg outside for his morning pee, so I bundle up and he's out there farting around and sitting down enjoying the cold and licking his balls and what haveya, and I'm whistling and calling him back into the house - SPANKIE!! He's blind but he can hear, but he sure doesn't listen. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. And it ain't even snowing yet. But it will, by all predictions.

Comment

It's supposed to miss us but not by much. Our county and one other fall just outside of the snowfall map. Snow paralysis is the same here - I think it's silly. I just stay home and watch folks on the news run into each other.

Dan

Comment

I should have known weeville was headed for unusual.

we seem to have lost the real cold here this winter...

in less than 72 hours my place caked up with something invisible from the sink drain...

the entire city is on the move.
                a day after this epiphany, a 16 inch water main breaks down by the river...

after the fat landlord targets randomly the innocent tenants.

ever see a joe pesci slumlord with bifolcals , a face of a midget ona giant belly like an ancient cannibalistic king? Times like this hurry their path to their own extinction here... no intelligence needed to intervene.

as I get older.. I wish a heart attack on some people. I must be evil. ???

when this place repeats an old routine, even odors tht stopped in time come back out.. right now I am smelling a very old CRT (cathode ray tube)..

I am guessing a 20+ year cycle meeting its match.

have fun in the snow, and know that extreme sun you get in the summer is a cure of changes...somew places get tortured for years after...
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Snowing here in Texas today .. yuk

sigpic

Comment

holy crap, this is in your house ?

that thing is way too cool
                    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Home Depot, 80 bucks.

Comment

This afternoon:

Tonight:

Comment

It's getting sort of biblical. Like, the sky said, "You want some more snow?" And the sky said, "Okay, here ya go. Here's more snow."

Hmmm.....as much as I like to laugh at (and about ) everything......this could cause some diruptions of normal activity and service in this part of the country. Looking out the window, it's hard to tell where the street is. I know where it is, it's still right there where it always was, but...thankfully the weather is not like this here often......wow, it sure is snowing.

Yankees are crazy. Yankees actually LIVE for this stuff. Naw, y'all can have it. More power to ya. I reckon that's where hockey comes from, crazed Yankees on a frozen lake. No, y'all just keep it up there.

Comment

At 6:00 am there was a dusting on the ground here. Now at 8:25, we have about 3" in the back yard. Worst news is that they are calling for ice later today, tonight and tomorrow morning. We had 8" inches of wet snow the day after Christmas and lost power for about 24 hours, no telling what's going to happen when (if?) the ice comes. Better prepared this time. Got the generator out and started (I hadn't started it for 4 years since we hadn't had significant snow or hurricanes in that time), extension cords are reading to go to the water pumps and the heaters that keep them from freezing and stocked up on groceries yesterday afternoon.

I now you guys up north are laughing at all of us down south. Just remember we don't get stuff like this often enough to be used to it. I mean why buy a snowplow if it only snows significantly every few years? To get snows like this are rare events, especially this early in the season.

Maybe it is time to move to Tahiti for the winter......

Comment

PeeWee you are down right HI larious!

yea- we can laugh - but all those folks stranded at the Atlanta airport aint laughing!

Epic indeed.
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X