Re: Weeville Weather

Originally posted by peewee
    This afternoon:

Tonight:

Just a dusting...........

Comment

wifes uncle died,
      so parents are driving from fla, try'n to stay infront of the storm.
      as it comes up the coast..

Comment

my wife is from the south - I never knew people could hate snow until I met her.... of course, we have different kind of southerner here who can't drive in the snow.... so when it does snow, and paralyzes the city - we northwesterners go skiing....
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

We're having a great time looking out the window at folks trying to make it up the hill. The black Explorer parked there beside the mailbox, he backed out into the street and was stuck right there. He dug and dug and tried and tried and finally was able to get it back off of the street into the driveway. He ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

He had the street blocked when I was leaving on a beer run, I had to go the other way to get out of the neighborhood. Then I had to dodge him on the way back. Saw a genuine old Willys Jeep not make it up the same hill. It was funny watching it. He was clearly just having fun, but he sure didn't know how to drive the thing, if he actually wanted to get somewhere in it.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Who says you can't figure skate in a car?!? Not these people!Original Footage by Derek Porter - Music by Tchaivovsky

I especially like the piroutte by the pruis.

we used to get our lawn chairs out when I lived in downtown seattle, and watch the drivers wreck on our hill (major street)... my favorite was a Metro bus driver who flipped us off because we were laughing at him - who then added to our humor by taking out an entire street of parked cars ;D

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

One thing about it, this event so far is just snow. Typically in the South if there's sky crap, it starts out as rain and then some sleet and then some snow and then some sleet and then some freezing rain. You wanna talk about a hopeless mess? That video says it - ice. Forget it, you can't even stand up on it, let alone drive.

But it's stayed below freezing here and it's snowing hard again right now. Snow's no big deal as long it's not so deep that you high-center the car on it. Going to the store and back I kept waiting to hear the snow start grinding on the oil pan, but it didn't. It's almost that deep in places.

It's not just a cliche - it's a fact: People here just don't know how to drive in it, and the most amazing thing is, folks seem unable to LEARN how to drive in it. Gas wide open, slinging snow everywhere, even some blue tire smoke from the Willys trying to go up the hill, stuck. It really is funny to watch.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
              X