Winter daydreaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter daydreaming

Lazy Sunday morning. Snow on the ground so no working on my current project for another month or two at least. There is a ton left to do on it so why am I totally distracted by thoughts of a new, bigger project that I have no money, time, storage, skills, etc for?

I am completely mentally consumed by thoughts of a 73-80 Chevy C-10 with a 5.3/6.0 swap. I've spent most of the weekend so far (to my wife's dismay) reading 75 pages of this awesome thread:
    http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=350986

Guy buys an 85 swb c-10 and completes a 5.3 swap in a month. Then drives the snot out of it and keeps going. Unbelievable.

Idle hands are the devil's tools...

or
    A fool and his money are easily parted
    1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Re: Winter daydreaming

I keep coming across an ad on craigslist for a 1960 bel air 2 door wagon and day dream about a 5.3 LS engine in it since my friends salvage yard has about 20 of them tagged and ready to go. For around 10k I could buy this car, engine and tranny and have it rollin down the road.

Im thinkin bout buying a engine and tranny and stashing in the garage til something worthy for it comes around
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I don't really 'dream' anymore now that I've reached my 70 Car limit. However,the twins have some ideas about what they want to do with their own Cars now. And yes,now BOTH twins have their OWN Convertables to play with! I DO however...have a Caddilac 500 Engine which is a runner,but 'smokes' which I'd like to build up with some Speed stuff,nothing too off the wall,but somethin' which 'stirs my grits' if you know what I mean ;). ~J/W.

Comment

I'm obsessed with the idea of a mint four door fox body (LTD/Marquis/Continental) with a cheap 302/single turbo.
        Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Originally posted by milkovich
          I'm obsessed with the idea of a mint four door fox body (LTD/Marquis/Continental) with a cheap 302/single turbo.
          I'm weird, I'd put a blasphemous Lexus 4.3L V8 in it with an M112 off of a Jag.

Right now I'm day dreaming about that 78 Riviera with a 455 swap.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
            Rather then just make it outright blasphemy, I'd do the lexus v8 in a cressida, the only problem is the 7mge is probably a better platform to start with. A cressida with a 7mgte swap would be an acceptable alternative to my fox fantasy.... probably better and cheaper actually.
            Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

My current daydream is this 4-door with a 5.3

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

New-Years-Resolution Schtauffer:----buy it! Money only drags yer ass down when it sits in yer back Pocket.....set those Bennies FREE ;D! ~J/W.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer
                  I'd like something like that for a DD

Comment

Dear Abby, If I was to accidently stumble across a 66 Nova wagon in need of a drive train, I'm not really sure I could control myself, (in reality I couldn't afford the Divorce) what should I do?

signed, Nova Addict in the Midwest

Comment

Yeah that being cooped up inside the winter
                      will do that to ya........I need to go pick up that
                      409 truck motor
                      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

you really have to try out the lamar walden heads

Comment

Originally posted by Page2171
                          Originally posted by Schtauffer
                          I'd like something like that for a DD
                          This cool random project thought reminded me of this:

http://bangshift.com/index.php?id=28...jax_highlight3

What is the current status of the Crew Cab Chevelle?

Comment

A few days ago I went out to the garage to get a screwdriver. I wound up sitting in the Montego for a half hour or so just dreaming about having it all done and driving it down PCH on a nice sunny day with the windows down and FOREIGNER blasting out of the speakers. ;D
                            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
                              I'd do the lexus v8 in a cressida, the only problem is the 7mge is probably a better platform to start with. A cressida with a 7mgte swap would be an acceptable alternative to my fox fantasy.... probably better and cheaper actually.
                              ive wanted to do a 7mgte, 1jz or 2jz cressida swap for a loooooong time :D

theres one for sale locally that im gonna call about tomorrow ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X