Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShifty Family Fun in CT next weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShifty Family Fun in CT next weekend!

I wanted to give all the New England BangShifters a heads up about a cool deal me and the family are headed to next Sunday.

The New England Air Museum is having an "open cockpit" day on Sunday 1/16. The museum is in Windsor Locks, CT and has over 100 planes and something like 200 plane engines on display. The "open cockpit" days are special because they only happen a couple times a year. As you'd expect, kids and "older kids" are allowed to sit in some of the historic planes on display. It should be bad ass. Both boys (and ME!) are really excited to go. They also have a couple flight simulators that they allow kids and "dorks like us" "older kids" to operate!

We're making a weekend trip of it and heading to New Haven (I know New Haven is nowhere near Windsor Locks, but this effing pizza is the best in the country) on Saturday for pizza at Frank Pepe's and then to the museum on Sunday.

It'll be a boss way to spend a cold New England weekend. If anyone is in the area and wants to dork out on planes with the Lohnes clan, stop by! I'll be the chubby fellah in the BangShift shirt (that'll have Frank Pepe's pizza stains on it)!

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: BangShifty Family Fun in CT next weekend!

You have wayyyyyy too much fun, Way to go Brian!

Comment

thought pepes was in new haven

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
        We're making a weekend trip of it and heading to New Haven (I know New Haven is nowhere near Windsor Locks, but this effing pizza is the best in the country) on Saturday for pizza at Frank Pepe's and then to the museum on Sunday.

Comment

good luck..
          wed is snow ville..
          thues wake
          friday funeral in boure
          with more snow sat/sunday..
          you sure you want to drive that far in that mopar...(mopar won't go far)

Comment

Whoa. It just so happens that the wife is leaving town so I have the girls all weekend. Hmmmm....
            1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing
              good luck..
              wed is snow ville..
              thues wake
              friday funeral in boure
              my condolences

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                Originally posted by Tazracing
                good luck..
                wed is snow ville..
                thues wake
                friday funeral in boure
                my condolences
                thanks, between this and my health, my wife is a mess, wish I could make it better,

Comment

...yeah.

Neat deal with the aircraft, sounds fun. My only trouble with that sort of thing is, I get there and start thinking I wanna start a new hobby. :D

Comment

Originally posted by 67pete300
                    Whoa. It just so happens that the wife is leaving town so I have the girls all weekend. Hmmmm....
                    Pete, you should come down with your daughters if you have nothing going on. You can get there in about 2 hours from where you are at I think. It seems like it'll a fun time. I may elbow a couple kids out of the way to use the simulator. :D

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                      Originally posted by 67pete300
                      Pete, you should come down with your daughters if you have nothing going on. You can get there in about 2 hours from where you are at I think. It seems like it'll a fun time. I may elbow a couple kids out of the way to use the simulator. :D

Brian
                      The girls say they wanna go. What time you gonna be there?
                      1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Killer!

It opens at 10 so I think we'll be there around 10:30 or so. I'll zip you my number via pm. Shoot me a text or a call when you are getting close. It looks like big fun.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                        X