Bullitt Director Dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullitt Director Dies

LONDON - British filmmaker Peter Yates, whose eclectic output included "Bullitt" and "Breaking Away," has died at the age of 81.

A statement from Yates' agent, Judy Daish, said he died Sunday in London after an illness.

Yates was responsible for one of the most famous sequences in cinema ? actor Steve McQueen's Ford Mustang car chase through the hilly streets of San Francisco ? in the 1968 police thriller "Bullitt."

Re: Bullitt Director Dies

One the best car chase movies ever

Movie trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRvESyo-E5M&feature=player_embedded#!
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

guy did not get mentioned much...

here is a movie I remember as a boy:

Breaking Away. The 1979 cycling drama starring Dennis Christopher, Dennis Quaid, Daniel Stern and Jackie Earle Haley is considered one of most inspiring films of the sports genre, focusing on four working-class friends who compete against an Italian cycling team in an annual race in Indiana. Nominated for five Oscars, including Best Picture and Best Director, Breaking Away won for Best Original Screenplay.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b219...#ixzz1AenblCfJ
      I even understood as a kid.. maybe 7 yrs old.

Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I had NO idea the same guy did Bullitt and Breaking Away!

Breaking Away is one of my families all time favorites, Bullitt goes without saying.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

REFUND ? REFUND ? REFUND ?

Comment

Every '68 Dodge Charger( and '69--remember the Yellow-N-Black one from 'Dirty Larry,crazy Mary...or whatever the name of that movie is...)should have crash damage. Better HOPE I never win the Lottery :o :P! ~J/W.

Comment

Working...
            X