Rick Dobbertin is at it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Dobbertin is at it again

The man who single handily turned pro street on its ear is back with another creation.

Re: Rick Dobbertin is at it again

Tree'd those bitches by a wide margin.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

He?s now employed developing prototypes of automotive gear for Spectre Performance, a California company.
      Sweet! ;D
      Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

didn't somebody we know work there ?

Comment

Both Chad and Scott were Spectre employees in their sordid past.
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

On the East Coast,the GM 'J' Bodies are few 'an far between these days.........not....that I care. ~J/W.

Comment

He is the King of polished stainless

Comment

(Self-edit ;))

Comment

last I heard of him he had converted a milk tanker into a boat/house and was going to sail around the world :
                  "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

he did it

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                      didn't somebody we know work there ?

Whoa....back in the Magnum P I shorts days.
                      Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

that was a long time ago....
                        "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                          Both Chad and Scott were Spectre employees in their sordid past.
                          Very sordid past. The parking lot burnouts alone were epic.
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

The pic of the J2000, the pontiac doing the burn out is John Justice so why is that there? Different cars, Johns' car was built by Suncoast.
                            I'm a newbie, but i gather from some of the conversation about Rick and the J2000 that we must know each other from 'back in the day'. oj
                            A Carter Carb Shop, sales and service

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                              he did it
                              Not really. The trip around the world in the Surface Orbiter was (arguably) an epic "fail."

There were internal fuel spills, radio malfunctions, and while they set a record as the first car to drive through the Panama Canal, Rick and Karen did run into trouble. "In Puerto Rico, we were stopped by the DEA and the FBI ... they thought we were Colombian drug smugglers, then when we got to Columbia, these Colombian guerrillas with their A-k 47-s and I thought ... here we go." The guerrillas let the couple go, but not without first posing for a photo. Their one year trip had turned into three and a half years of grueling togetherness.

By 1996, Rick and Karen were out of patience and out of money leaving them no choice but to come home. The orbiter was in pretty good shape, but the same couldn't be said of their marriage. When they got back, Karen filed for divorce. "Nothing panned out quite as we had hoped," she says. But what about the Orbiter? Who would get it? Who would even want it?
                              http://www.ytmag.com/nboard/messages/122921.html

The vehicle was designed to circumnavigate the Earth, over land and sea, without any type of support vessel and was well on its way when the lack of funding cut the adventure short.
                              http://www.dobbertinhydrocar.com/facts_&_history.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X