X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor jack is wimpy.... what the hey?

Last summer it worked fine....

Anyone got any troubleshooting tips?

The old man said he topped off the fluid... didn't say what kind...
    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Re: Floor jack is wimpy.... what the hey?

We had one that seemed like you had to top off with hydraulic fluid every time you used it. We wrote it off as bad seals and replaced it. Does the the casing(sp?) On the jack look wet or look like its been leaking? I don't know if they are rebuildable either. Probably everything I just said isn't helpful but hey I tried
    Jeff
    Follow My Build

Comment

china doll?

Comment

Yes, they are rebuildable - but they often aren't worth the expense. If it's a Blackhawk, Walker, or other decent US brand take it to any decent hydraulics service. If it's "imported" just get a new one.

Dan

Comment

The ram on my hoist went wimpy on me and I pulled the jack / pump assembly out and cleaned the check ball, flushed the passages as best I could and put it back together with new fluid. There was a suprising amount of gunk in there... sticky junk.

It fixed the creep and slow pump up, and it's still working. China junk and all. I'd try that, but that's because I'm cheap and it's a pretty simple tool.

Comment

Try giving it some Red Rooster Pills........ :o ;D! Didin't expect to haer THAT from A Woman did ya :o ;)? ~J/W.

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
              Didin't expect to haer THAT from A Woman did ya :o ;)? ~J/W.
              I did... :D

If a jack is low on fluid it just won't above a certain height anymore.
              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Working...
              X