Co-Worker Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-Worker Issues

I don't go to many other forums that have people on them, but I gotta get this off my chest before I unload at work and go on a verbal tirade with my boss in the back-room.

I'm having issues with a co-worker, it's got me a little razzed and I'm been thinking about it all day even thought it's my day off. This co-worker is twisting words and trying to make me and some other workers look like the bad guys and we are the problem meanwhile this co-workers actions and attitude are the problem. At this point, I really think I should have taken the manager position this person got, but the cons outweighed the pros of the promotion.

This co-worker even went as far to cry{I mean, Literally} to the boss and said one of the workers was talking too long on the phone with a customer and no one was on the counter.......... meanwhile no one was in the store and me and another guy were putting away rotors which is right near the counter and we have a doorbell that chimes when customers come into the store.

At this point, I was thinking about bringing in a video recorder and catching the co-worker in question but I'm still on the fence about this idea.

Something needs to be done about this situation

What would you guys do?
    "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Re: Co-Worker Issues

CYA, cover your ass. I've had similar situations at work and I found that I had to document everything. Whatever it takes.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Is this person your boss?
      If not, have you talked to your boss about it?
      If you have the your boss isn't doing anything to address the issue, I'd recommend calling human resources if that is an option.

I'd say the video camera deal is a last ditch nuclear option that could work as much against you as for you.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I'm with Bob,Cover your Rump,and THINK....... BEFORE you go 'an do anything rash. Don't give them ANY ammo,and DOCUMENT EVERYTHING. ~J/W.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          If you have the your boss isn't doing anything to address the issue, I'd recommend calling human resources if that is an option.

I'd say the video camera deal is a last ditch nuclear option that could work as much against you as for you.

Brian
          I'm def. thinking this though, JW. I've been working there for a long time, but that means nothing in today's world.

Yes, the person is one of three bosses I work with and they alternate. 1 Morning Shift, 1 Afternoon and 1 Night.

I haven't talked to the Head boss yet cause he's on a trip at the moment.

I don't think HR isn't going to be much help. A previous boss that I work under was a complete a-hole and nothing my Head Boss did including getting HR involved fixed it till that person got what they deserved and basically went nuts in the store he got transferred to and quit. Heard he was working in a Bank somewhere now, those workers must be loving him.

I know the camera might incriminate myself and others, but like you said it's a last ditch effort.
          "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

A big ditto on the CYA

Document........another ditto
            If you do go over this persons head ......ya gotta have documentation.
            Especially is they're trying to make themselves look good at the expense
            of others.

Lastly......if this person is in a management position and they
            have to go cry to higher ups about personnel issues..........I'd say they're in the wrong position.
            Sounds like no people skils.
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

Brian
              From an HR standpoint, I have agree the video camera would not be good. That could backfire by itself, just doing it that way instead of head-on.

It's Peter Pan philosophy, but get all the players in the same room at the same time in person, and lay it out - this is going on, and how are we going to deal with it?

If that's not possible, move on, but it's likely the same situation will come up at another place of employment - it's always SOMEBODY who mucks things up. I had an ex-wife who quit 6 jobs in 5 years because of SOMEBODY. It was never the job, it was always SOMEBODY she couldn't get along with. Finally, she decided she couldn't get along with ME. It was no great loss, in retrospect.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

What the hell.... live large.

Bring in a 6HP 30 gallon shop vac, set it in front of the offending co-worker and tell them to use it to get the sand out of their mangina.

Ron
                It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

:o ;D. Ron,have YOU worked in Human Resources before ;D :D?? ~J/W.

Comment

You really cannot "go off" know matter what keep your cool. Best to not talk to the next level boss to much by yourself. Get everone together and hash it out. That way no one feels like you went behind there back.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
                      What the hell.... live large.

Bring in a 6HP 30 gallon shop vac, set it in front of the offending co-worker and tell them to use it to get the sand out of their mangina.

Ron
                      Sounds like he might need some of these.....

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Thom's worked in Human Reasources too ;D. ~J/W.

Comment

Or some of this:

Wad-B-Gone.... get's those panties out of a bunch...
                          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Damn, I need a can of that. I need it in the morning. I don't think anybody can ship that quick.
                            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

When I worked at AZ, I had an issue with a manager, and a co-worker the manager was showing favortism too. I documented it for a month, time occasion, and who was working. I took it right to the district manager. Things got 100% better for me. Manager didn't care for me much after that, but I wasn't looking to win a popularity contest, he wasn't doing me any favor's before giving me all the crap work and schedules. I then had better schedules and wasn't always assigned the same BS tasks. Of course I knew my time there was only temporary as I was going to college, I wasn't looking at a career there and the money I was making at ~40 hours a week was sufficient to get me by at that time so I wasn't looking for a raise or promotion. I lived ok off the 20% discount on parts ;D
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X