the worst area is known as the bing

Comment

Re: Co-Worker Issues

Published: July 4, 1991

* Sign In to E-Mail
      * Print
      * Single-Page

Correction Appended

Prisoners and guards call it the Bing -- three dungeon-like cellblocks on Rikers Island where New York City's most disruptive inmates are quarantined in virtual solitary confinement.

Each prisoner is locked in a 6-by-8-foot cell for 21 to 23 hours a day. Unlike other inmates, they have no television or radio. They cannot smoke or buy personal items or snacks from the prison canteen.

Disorderly prisoners throughout the city are sent to the Bing. Over the last 18 months, New York City's Correction Department has nearly doubled the number there, bringing the total to 300.

Officials say that cracking down on dangerous inmates by housing them in the so-called maxi-maxi unit has deterred violence and reduced tension throughout the city's vast jail system. Now the city plans to expand the unit -- officially called the Central Punitive Segregation Unit -- to hold 900.

But advocates for prisoners' rights assert that terror and brutality by guards permeates the unit and that the expansion should be blocked.

Most Bing inmates are detainees, unconvicted defendants in criminal cases who are awaiting trials

Comment

I,m old school....man up.....grab him by the collar and beat the ####in brakes off him....i,ll donate towards your bail....
        Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

which is how i used to solve co-worker issues. one guy had me in misdemeanor court and i got fined $75. afterwards i told him next time he needed his ass kicked i would just write him a check after for the $75 and save us both the time. he was never a problem again.
          Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by fine59
            I,m old school....man up.....grab him by the collar and beat the ####in brakes off him....i,ll donate towards your bail....
            that doesn't fly anymore ...unless you like to share a shower with friends

Comment

I had an issue with a co-worker that kept bringing his pit bull to work. The dog jumped at me one day and we got into a discussion about it. He got cocky and got into my face asking "What you going to do old man?". I'm 50 and this punk was 22 and just got out prison after 15 months for meth cooking. He kept it up for a few minutes and wouldn't back down, just getting in my face and hollering at me. We were in the shops bathroom washing up to go home for the day and everybody else was in the breakroom. I left his ass laying on the floor next to the sink. ;D Cost me a weeks suspension but it was well worth it, at the time. Believe it or not, the idiot wouldn't leave it alone after we got back to work a week later. He kept wanting to fight again. I just told the foreman if he didn't fire his ass, I was going to drop him again and then file a lawsuit against the company. He was gone the next day. :D

Comment

this co-worker cried to your boss, literally? oh that's funny.
                as for advice, pick one of those above.... they all have their benefits and detriments.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                  Originally posted by fine59
                  that doesn't fly anymore ...unless you like to share a shower with friends
                  Tell that to the contractor that stiffed me a month ago....after picking himself up he suddenly had his check book ready
                  Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

If you are working in a store... Are there any customers that come to see you, specifically? Do they only want to deal with you? If so, use that to your advantage... If the other guy does... Who buys more? If the other guy does not... Being able to sell yourself to your boss can always make you the good guy...

If you have a good customer base, then you are wanted... If you work like all the other sheep, then you are just part of the herd...

I would have co-workers complain all the time... Never got fired for two very important reasons: I made money for the company AND I kept customers happy.

Comment

Update:

The customers come see me and 2 other workers that have been there longer then the coworker in question. The main boss doesn't have an issue with me, unlike the other main bosses before him.

Yes, BuickGuy the coworker cried and me and the other workers heard it and were WTFing in the back area.

I had to work with the coworker tonight and there wasn't anyone else on the shift, just the coworker and me.......... and we started talking.

Dreaded that part of the shift all day

The coworker the next day on tuesday when I wasn't at the store apologized to the people on the shift and apologized to me tonight also. Seems the coworker is having some serious issues and didn't mean to take it out on me and the other workers that day.

I'm still on the fence about the twisting of the words however and going to be watching my mouth for the time being.
                      "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

excellent work, I wish more people were like you... I'd be out of a job (employment attorney) but I'd be fine with that.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                        X