Met Chip Foose today, World of Wheels show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met Chip Foose today, World of Wheels show

Hey guys, I got to meet Chip Foose today. World of Wheels car show is in town this weekend.
    Sort of stupid, but I had an assembly manual my wife got signed by the first overhaulin' chic Courtney in 2005, and heard he was going to be in town, so I figured WTF and got in line. Almost 2.5 hours...but got up there, talked to him for a second, I was wearing a torino shirt, and he said pretty cool, building one, and I was like yup, barn find, been fighting it like 7 years, he got a laugh. He was curious about the manual, asked what it was for, and got a laugh.
    Made my day, it's nothing special really, but after watching stuff on the TV, kinda cool to met the guy.
    He was a hell of alot friendlier than George Barris!
    Some kid had an airbrushed mailbox signed by a bunch of people, and Foose signed the door...drew a street rod, and signed it, all in like 5 seconds, and looked killer.
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Re: Met Chip Foose today, World of Wheels show

He seems like a good guy...Busy as hell I bet....Long wait tho...

Comment

Super nice guy! Saw him on move in day at GNRS in 06. He's busy as hell setting up the display for the eventual AMBR. People interrupting him to say Hi or whatever and he never lost the mile on his face. Met him at Blackie’s later that year and he did the 10-second sketch of my car and signature on my show credits card. My wife mentioned how hard he was working and asked if he needed anything. She got him a burger and Coke and he kept on signing as long as people lined up.
      I admire his talent, energy and balance of family and work.

Comment

back in the day at sema , he not only signed your autograph , nut asked what car you were building and drew a picture of it
        sometimes nice things happen for nice people

Comment

I'd have a smile all day if I was collecting his appearance fees, too.

But, yes, he's a nice and authentic dude.

Comment

That World of Wheels gets some pretty big names to stop by. We went to the St. Louis stop back in 2000 I think, and Ed Roth and John Force was there. Line a mile long to see Force, I walked right up to Ed Roth.
            Would really like to meet Foose. He's got mad skills.

Comment

I was there... thought about meeting him but didn't want to stand in line for so long... I did however get to meet Jimmy Shine and got his autograph on a poster for my shop! Talk about a kewl guy! Dang! He even let me take a pic with him, my kid and myself... Awesome!

Comment

I got to meet him at autorama 3weeks ago.3 hours in line but my nephew loved it.He took a picture with us like it was nothing. I wish I was that good with a pencil.
                Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Certainly one of the nicest, most down to earth people in the industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                    I'd have a smile all day if I was collecting his appearance fees, too.

Well...why doncha? Yer a celebrity aintcha?

;D

Comment

I met Chip several years ago,... and have seen him several more years in a row at the Detroit Autorama, He is just as genuine and approachable today as he was years ago, He is a exceptionally talented person that truly cares about other people. People first, cars second,...... A true ambassador for Hot Rodding, and a hero for the kids to look up to,..... ( and hero's are a very rare thing in this day and age )

Comment

Working...
                      X