Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the farthest you'll drive for food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the farthest you'll drive for food?

So this weekend's aviation museum trip with the family also contains a visit to the greatest (and one of the oldest) pizzeria in America, Frank Pepe's on Wooster St. in New Haven, CT. The pizza place is 151 miles from my house and it is the first place we're going on Saturday.

We regularly drive to RI for killer hot dogs at Cranston's Wein-O-Rama, and have even driven to New Jersey for deli sandwiches at Harold's in Edison. That's like a 4-5 hour trip.

Do you ever cruise for food? If so, where? Driving for eats makes for fun automotive adventure.

Brian

That which you manifest is before you.

Re: What's the farthest you'll drive for food?

held hostage in my dads rig, once upon a time...

we'd drive 600 miles for food...maybe farther.

I'd use the bathroom at the same place. ???

old school tough? you can keep most of that tough. I don't need that. :

I intentionally stop many times, even from bangor to boston. Although, there is a stretch I routinely stay in the **'s mph non stop.

110 in an hour is ideal.. how fast is that. Not that I ever do that. ;D
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

2 of my favorite things, road trips and good food. Depends on how much time I've got and how much gas money I have. A couple hour drive is relaxing for me.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

Well....in 1989...me and 3 buddies decided on the ROAD TRIP FROM HELL .
        6 am....depart Chowchilla,Ca for The Pines Restraunt on the valley floor of Yosemite National Park...
        Arrive at 8:30 am(about 90miles)....Eat breakfast.....depart 10am for Monterey Bay,Ca .... arrive at 2:30-3:00 for late lunch(about 200 miles)... Eat......Depart for Lake Tahoe...5pm...arrive 11PM(300 miles)....just in time for the Midnight Buffet at Harrahs!!!!

We did it for 100.00 bet from another group of buddies....had to buy newspapers or get receipts from places stating it was August 19th...my B-Day... of course 100.00 didnt go far paying our credit card bills...LOL ..we were all 20 at the time.

So there you go...how far we drove for food!
        The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

not far like that ..pats hubba hubba in port chester , ny .......hot grille in clifton,nj ....ruts hut .......franks and johns italian food new rochelle , ny ........raliegh's hot dogs in fairfield , ct ..walters hot dogs in mamaroneck
          wow , all hot dog places
          pepe never took any crap from youse college kids

Comment

About 4 years ago I drove from Ridgecrest to Barstow for pizza, about 80 miles. Now that we live down here the farthest I drive is about 14 miles to the Tommy's in Huntington Beach for a chili burger and chili cheese fries.
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

When I first moved to Oklahoma from Wichita, I'd drive back once or twice a month for a burger at the old hangout. They made a double cheese burger with double meat, double cheese and two slices of ham. Of course, the fact that Kansas sold hi-point beer and Oklahoma had no beer to speak of(3.2%) could have been a major factor in those roadtrips. >

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C
                About 4 years ago I drove from Ridgecrest to Barstow for pizza, about 80 miles. Now that we live down here the farthest I drive is about 14 miles to the Tommy's in Huntington Beach for a chili burger and chili cheese fries.
                Why leave Ridgecrest....isn't that the birth place of John's Incredible Pizza Co? The home of the Peanut Butter Peperoni Pizza?
                The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

On a regular basis, I get pissy about driving more than 15 minutes to eat. My mom likes to eat Sunday "brunch" at the Lucerne Inn and occasionally my parents invite me along. It's a half hour drive for an average breakfast buffet with an incredible view. No thanks. I'm hungry, I want to eat. Dysart's has better food, bigger portions, faster service and costs less. I just have to look at smelly truckers and rednecks and the nose of a B61 Mack coming out of the wall. Fine by me.

However, there have been times when I've gotten a wild hair across my ass and I've just jumped in the truck to go somewhere like Grammy's in Linneus or Bull Feeney's in Portland. Those are only a couple of hours one way though. I have gone as far as Vegas for Ruth's Chris, but that wasn't the sole purpose of being there.

Usually when I road trip, I stop at a mom and pop, get a sandwich and a soda and get on my merry way.

Comment

Dont set out specifically for any food places. However when we are back in the town I grew up, Conneaut oh, we go to Pizzi's Cafe. Great pizza, 13yr old daughter will put away a 12" by herself. She only weighs 85lbs. Its about 45 min away.
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Bronx-45 minutes, for the best pizza anywhere

Comment

I have driven up to 250 round trip miles to eat somewhere...we sometimes make a day of it by going shopping or sight seeing and then eating.

I have regularly driven 2 hours round trip or so to get my grub on at my favorite joints...
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Does flying into l.a. to get in n out count?
                          Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

On the South African BongShaft-forum there's currently a similar topic called What's the farthest you'll walk for food? or a smoke... ;D
                            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

We regularly drive from Wilmington to Ann Arbor for Crazy Jim's Blimpy Burger or Ali Babba mideastern. Of course, there ARE some grands nearby that might inspire the trip.

But a trip just for food - probably an hour or two. We would make the trip from A2 to Marshall from time to time to go to Win Schuler's - not sure if they're still in business. Other similar trips as well.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X