Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable Statistic

ME has Ellen on in the living room and I just overheard this stat:
    "Every minute, 35 hours of video are posted on YouTube".

Maybe that's why every once in a while something interesting gets posted - law of averages. Anyhow, it kinda blew me away.

Dan

Re: Unbelievable Statistic

Some one call a physicist! How can you get 35 hours crammed into ONE minute?!?!?!?!? :D
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Or a psychiatrist!

Just got off the phone with my buddy Steve (Hawking). He says "No Prob, Dan-O. A simple warp of the space-time continuum and you're there." Steve knows this stuff - but he currently lacks the hardware to to it.

Dan

Comment

compression. It's all about digital compression.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

why do I sudden have a picture of a 1000 monkeys typing for 1000 years? :D
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Whoever is doing it must have some kinda super computer or something.....

Comment

its called fast forward, drop frame.

35 hours in a minute.

no physicist necessary. it is really very simple. :

fuel injection, now that needs a physicist explanation.

not that I am promoting a battle here at peaceful bangshift.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

You all are forgetting a couple million users at the same time!
                Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

It's funny how people feel the world is so small. It simple mathematics, 35 hours of video every minute. So if it takes 60 people to download an hours worth of video in a minute and you times that amount of people by 35 which is the total number of hours, you'll find out that it only takes 2100 people to be downloading video on to YouTube to get that 35 hours of video every minute. Then if you break that down by State, you would divide 2100 by 50, and you end up with 42 people per state per minute downloading video. Now if you think that people download stuff on YouTube from all over the world...............

That 35 hours per minute doesn't seem so big does it. ;)

Comment

I think its funny that many people think someone cares what they are doing kind of like Face Book
                    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

X2 on that, Jeff! That's why I'm social network free - no Twitter, Facebook, or any other such silliness. I don't care when you last went to the bathroom and I'll wager you don't care about mine, either.

Dan

Comment

Five minutes ago,I just took a sip of some Diet Pepsi...........just lettin' everybody know.......so you know :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D. ~ J/W.

Comment

JW - you know we all love you, but I for one don't care!

Dan

Comment

I just now farted. It wasn't a real big one, just sort of a poof, but Spankie the Dawg didn't like it because he was under the chair waiting for me to drop a peanut. It was not one of the better ones, as it wasn't tuned real well. I didn't even expect it, in fact. It just sort of happened all of a sudden.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Okay, gotta say where the fart came from - quite a few years ago I was on a forum for musicians. You wanna talk about a, uhhhh, well, it was all musicians.

Whevever they got off onto some kind of a subject that was sort of complicated and everybody was putting their two cents in and getting a dollar back in change, there was this one guy who would simply type, "I farted." That was a thread stopper, because everybody knew what he meant.

And over time I even devised my own way to intervene and wreck a thread when things got overheated. These folks would get downright emotional, arguing like drunk teenagers about something that didn't matter, threatening to go find each other's house and kick some butt, etc., I would type:

"Slow. You have to cook chicken slow. If you cook chicken too fast, you'll scorch it on the outside and it won't be done on the inside. Nothing is worse than under-cooked chicken. You have to cook chicken slow."

And they knew what I meant. They'd just stop arguing and go on to another crazy thread about something.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                              X