Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hmmm... ANRA....new leader in Nostalgia???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm... ANRA....new leader in Nostalgia???

Butch Hedrick has quietly been building a substantial following out here in California running the American Nostalgia Racing Association. With car counts consistantly over 200 and running 7.50 as low index (no TF and no FC...no nitro period!) his little racers race....suddenly isn't so little anymore.....4 race series... 2 day format...and series champions. Butch wanted to put FAMILY back into drag racing....and thats exactly what he's done....the juniors run for points ANRA also(It forms their team for NHRA junior event in Denver). Butch has found the mix that the NHRA Heritage series has been lacking. I look for bigger car counts and more SMILES PER HOUR in 2011....Congrats Butch Hedrick for listening to racers.

www.anra.com Love the new website too....great action pics!!!!!
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Re: Hmmm... ANRA....new leader in Nostalgia???

I joined the ANRA back in the late 90's, lasted one year and never got a renewal form and they kinda disappeared for awhile after that. Is it still the same guys running the show? I would like to rejoin even if I may never get there :-[

Comment

Not sure about the ANRA personnel being the same as the old ANRA. It is serious when we put the helmets on but totally a great time,sometimes we even throw car parts at our competitors to distract them,right Ron!!!!All four races are run at Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield,CA. ROY.

Comment

Originally posted by starterguy
        I joined the ANRA back in the late 90's, lasted one year and never got a renewal form and they kinda disappeared for awhile after that. Is it still the same guys running the show? I would like to rejoin even if I may never get there :-[
        No...it's not the same guys....I raced ANRA back then too when they had the North vs South shootout. Butch Hedrick bought ANRA back in the late 90's.... Ran it out of LACR ......then moved it to Famoso after LACR went under.

Comment

Originally posted by ROY
          Not sure about the ANRA personnel being the same as the old ANRA. It is serious when we put the helmets on but totally a great time,sometimes we even throw car parts at our competitors to distract them,right Ron!!!!All four races are run at Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield,CA. ROY.
          HA!....that Comet was throwin pieces of hood at me like freakin NINJAS on a raid....I'm sure you were more shocked than I was.

Comment

Ron;I was trying to lighten the load so my little Ford motor could outlast that Big Mopar!!!! C-YA,ROY.

Comment

Working...
            X