Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone wanting to build a Green Hornet clone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone wanting to build a Green Hornet clone?

J/W, I got talked into buying two . . . count 'em . . . two '61 Rambler Classic Cross-Country Station Wagons on more or less the same premise. The guy who sold them to me said "if you don't buy 'em, I'll send 'em to the crusher.

They sure take up lots of space in the shop, but I figure maybe I'll figure out what to do with them some day . . . .

My Cross-County wagons haven't been quite that much fun . . . .

Comment

I've driven a few of those,strange little Cars,but still wacky and neat. Tiny Engine Compartments. ~J/W.

Comment

I'm thinking there's enough room between the towers for a DOHC Mod motor :o(gonna get out the tape and measure it one of these days). But they are kind of short in the engine room from front to back . . . good thing the mod's a short mill)

But then you've got to do something with that weird "trunion" front suspension (tube axle gasser?) . . . and that torque tube (In a '60s car? With coil springs?) So what's the point? Still, I'll bet it's got a wider space underhood than an early Falcon.

One of mine has the third-row "goonie seat." It's only big enough for children (and not big ones at that). But they put an ash tray back there . . . What where they thinking? That Danny Devito was going to fire up a stogie back there? Or maybe junior was going hit a "doobie" on his way to elementary school? Crazy Romney-mobile!

Comment

I just recently saw "The Green Hornet." I liked it. The "Fast and Furious" Yenko Camaro and Pure Vision's 515 GTB Charger made cameo appearances. The Imperial was EPIC. Sounded and looked mean. Wish they didn't kill so many of the Imperials, though. :'(

Comment

Originally posted by Speedy ~ A real gasbag (not affiliated with Brian or Chad)
            J/W, I got talked into buying two . . . count 'em . . . two '61 Rambler Classic Cross-Country Station Wagons on more or less the same premise. The guy who sold them to me said "if you don't buy 'em, I'll send 'em to the crusher.

They sure take up lots of space in the shop, but I figure maybe I'll figure out what to do with them some day . . . .

My Cross-County wagons haven't been quite that much fun . . . .
            my uncle was a dentist who flew all over the place, and would leave a Rambler wagon wherever he flew most often - said "no one would ever steal one of those." Personally, I think he had a thing for Rambler wagons.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrari812
              Originally posted by Buickguy
              Originally posted by Speedy ~ A real gasbag (not affiliated with Brian or Chad)
              Originally posted by Buickguy
              Power block tv last weekend interviewed the guy who built those... he said they destroyed all of them....
              Why a smiley? Do you have something against vintage American cars of the sort that will NEVER be built again?
              nope, just have something against that specific car.
              Why don't you like Imperials? :-\
              just like they don't make 69 Camaros again? if we made it out of steel once, we can do it again.

what do I have against the car - it was the owner of the car... he had several, and because of his love of that car I'd scrap every one of them...
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
              X