good deal for a LS engine ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: good deal for a LS engine ?

heck for 2500 I'd buy an on3 turbo kit and the plug and play MS on on DIYautotune

and I think I can get all the 5.3's you guys want at $350-$450 a pop, complete less starter.
    want to buy 20 at a time? I think i can do that too, have a friend with a salvage yard and last summer he tried to sell me 20 at a time cheap.

Comment

Way back in early 2000 when LS1's actually were hard to find, I paid $1000 for an LS1 with a spun bearing. Oil pan to intake, no accessories or computer. That was a really good deal at the time. Sad part is that the engine is still sitting in my garage, untouched.

Oh, BTW. I did this by driving around and talking to the owners of the places. Not by being one o' dem thar internets jockies.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing
        Originally posted by atomicsix
        I don't think we ruined the market, there are too many out there, they ARE stacked like cord wood around here.

check this out:

Chevy silverado

engine

There are 20 of the 2001 5.3 engines @ $325. (this is the exact year engine that was in the Fairmont)

This place will deliver one to me same day, for $300.

Now granted they are in my city, but these guys do more "out of town" bussiness than local.
        THOSE ARE 10 YEAR OLD ENGINES, i'M SURE LOW MILES TOO..
        FIND A 2008 UP FOR 325.00 THAT ISN'T HOT HOT HOT..
        hay lets slap a turbo on a 150k+ mile truck engine.. and watch it go boom
        This is why I gave you an example,the Fairmont was a 90,000+?? engine, the NovaWagon same deal, and Mike's Mustang 6.0 with a PT88!!! is a 100,000 mile Junkyard engine.

NO boom, after thrashing week after week at our local track(kind of trying to see what it would take to break it),to get ready for dragweek,and then ran DragWeek with low tens at all but one track, then turned it up, ran 9.37@only 132 shutting off at 1000'. That run was 5.95 1/8 th mile @ 117.7<----I Love these engines, because I know there is more in it.

All of this is good news for people, because it can only be better and STILL cheap for the newer LSvariant engines.

Turned it up again, $800.00 junkyard engine, held up,but built powerglide broke.

Comment

Working...
        X