Monster Trucks on Concrete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Trucks on Concrete?

The show is coming to town in a couple of weeks. I haven't been in to a show in many years, but the last time I went it was on a bare concrete floor. I was disgusted and vowed to never go back unless they ran on dirt (which they had done in prior years). Granted, it's small venue and there's not a lot of room to jump and race around, but there's just something sacrilegious about a monster truck running around with no dirt under it's terra tires.

Any logic behind this or is it just a cost cutting measure?
    http://sites.google.com/site/arrowheadshotrodsite/

Re: Monster Trucks on Concrete?

Definitely cost cutting.

Even the small events I have been to always had some type of dirt layer on the floor, mainly to protect the base of what is probably a hockey rink or something. Did they have the cars on plywood?

I have scads of old monster truck videos from the 1980s and there was often bare concrete on the "outside" of the cars but the actual "racing surface" had dirt on it.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I saw a show in a small arena on concrete. I don't remember there being any plywood under the cars. I do however remember that even though it was a polished floor, it seemed like something was added. They had atv races between the truck sets and there was seemingly no grip whatsoever.
      Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Originally posted by SSChevyManiac
        I saw a show in a small arena on concrete. I don't remember there being any plywood under the cars. I do however remember that even though it was a polished floor, it seemed like something was added. They had atv races between the truck sets and there was seemingly no grip whatsoever.

The Sweeping Compound 250

Comment

if pro65 still got on bangshift you could ask him questions lke this, he worked for family events
          i know most if not all indoor events have dirt these day to protect the rink and save a little bit on tires
          The youngest guy on the board
          76 vega
          86 fiero

Comment

Originally posted by 64casteel
            if pro65 still got on bangshift you could ask him questions lke this, he worked for family events
            i know most if not all indoor events have dirt these day to protect the rink and save a little bit on tires
            I did a little surfing and found that it looks like they are on concrete in the smaller arenas. Here's a video from '09 in Albany where I am and it was on concrete:

The tour was just in NH and it was advertised as being on concrete:

According to the schedule Albany is a Thunder Nationals and most of the others are Monster Jams (Thunder = concrete & monster = dirt?? )
            Tickets and event details for upcoming Monster Jam events
            http://sites.google.com/site/arrowheadshotrodsite/

Comment

When they were down to the Nassau Coliseum last year it was on concrete, it kind of sucks because they don't get the tire spin.
              sigpic

Comment

Here's the downside of bare concrete

During a monster truck show a truck comes crashing down and breaks the concrete it also breaks a pipe under the floor and a gyser of coolant comes out of the...
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

aw come on 130. will get you a ticket to fla .there out side end feb orlando and first week feb id maimi

Comment

Working...
                  X