Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Butt weld elbows, who do you guys buy from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butt weld elbows, who do you guys buy from?

thougth I would toss this out and see if anyone had a favored vendor for butt weld elbows? I need a few in 45 and 90, 2" OD will work I think. It'll be for a log manifold, I thought maybe a schedule 10 would work?

thanks in advance.

Re: Butt weld elbows, who do you guys buy from?

Are you making an intake or exhaust manifold?

Either way, I'd stay away from pipe because of its lack structural integrity especially if it's going to be heat cycled in the exhaust system. For a nice exhaust system, 14 ga. mild steel or SS409 should do the trick.

We've bought bends from Columbia River Mandrel Bending for our Formula SAE car at school several times and have been satisfied with the parts and price:

Comment

Let me check in with my EPA buds and I'll get back to you. We used to use a vendor that was WAY cheaper than most but I hear he went out of business, reorganized, and is back at it again. Otherwise, Felker Bros. in Marshfield, WI are your guys. If they don't have whatever you want they can make it.

Dan

Comment

Weld-els will work fine.

I also have to recommend Columbia for tubing.

Comment

If you're using stainless - check out any food equipment manufacturers/suppliers in your area. I worked at one for a bit and not only were SS Sch 10 weld els remarkably cheap, they came with a nice 180 grit finish that can be polished. We sold a ton to import guys and some to hot rod / musclecar shops as well.

Comment

Originally posted by horsewidower
            Weld-els will work fine.
            I guess my ignorance of turbo-manifolds is shining through here. After having looked into it, I never realized using pipe was common practice. Every time I've worked with pipe, despite its availability in thick wall thickness, I've never felt its structural integrity would be up to such a job.

Guess I just learned something, that's why I love this place!

Comment

Working...
            X