It begins.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It begins.

Today I made $600 in 40 minutes. Had a Guy 'an His Son come down from someplace called 'Berkley Heights MI.' They bought my '87 Monte-SS 'Areo-Coupe' Trunklid/rear Glass/Bumper & Taillights...crap I've had for over 12 years that did nothing but sit around doing nothing. I got the stuff from the Landlord,who just told me to take them. So I did :D. They also bought my last set of '90 IROC 5-spokes for $100. I KNEW saving that late 80's GM crap was a somewhat good idea ;). Tommorrow,I'm off for the Holiday,and I've got two Fella's comming over for a set of #883 Iron Chev Heads and a used Edlebrock Performer & 'an HEI Dizzy for $125...a li'l package deal I'm throwing together. I don't know what is 'is'...but Guy'z seem to LOVE a Woman with a Garage full of garbage! The 'Son' wanted to know what was I doing for the rest of my life,and I simply said: "Selling this crap." I' SURE He was joking.........or..... :o As I zipped around,hopping off Shelves,jumping here 'an there I got the suspisious feeling the two were watching my every move. They WERE. As I hopped off a stack of Tyres,to get something,the Son once again said: " You're VERY athletic." I said: "Thank's!" He then asked how old I was and I said: "I'll be 47 this Wensday." They both just stood there,without so much as a 'peep' from either of 'em. About 5 minutes later,after handing over "MY" Money,they asked if I had any Cars for sale,I said "No". I then showed the pair some of the Cars,and of course they were AMAZED that 6-Cylinder '69 Camaro's REALLY DO exist. Even the Father was kinda bewildered....why yes,Chrysler DID make a '70 Challenger with a /6 & a 3-Speed! They never stopped talking about the Cars. What started out as a simple Money/Parts swap turned into a Universial-Studios-Tour : . They met Joel,'an Jack walked around some more,'an looked in amazment of the '70 Hemi 'Cuda with the '60 Imperial pushed into it's Driver's side,the 'infamous' " Mr Threesome".....a wrecked--then rebuilt '71 Z-28 with a '73 Trans-Am front clip,with a ''70 Pontiac 455/4-Speed under the 'Hood...and a '78 Camaro Z-28 Driver's-side Door. It's 3 Muscle cars in one ;D! They seemed to have come away amazed,or maybe just shocked. They really weren't impressed with Jack's 'treatment' of the 'Cuda,..the Father said; "That's a pretty 'heavy-duty' investment you've got there,and you don't seem to care about it all that much do you,I mean,you must'nt condsidering they way you Guy'z treat it." Joel responded: "We look at Her,as nothing more than a VERY EXPENSIVE VAILANT.....with a Hemi in it : ;D :D." At the end of the day...about 25 after 3:00,the Guy'z took my number,shook Hands with everybody,hopped in their Chevy Deramax Diesel Dually,and left for their Hotel...it's a loonnng drive back to MI Me-think's. ~J/W.

Re: It begins.

Take some of that hard-earned green and get one of these:

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Quite a story JW.
      So if I'm reading this right, someone handed you 600 bucks for your phonenumber? :o ;D ;D
      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

The Guy'z wanted to know if I had any Muncie Transmissions,I said 'no' but thhey saw a few on the Shelves in one of the back rooms,they seem'd to think that 'I' OWNED all of this stuff...I said "No",talk to the owner's. I think Jack got their number as well. They were talkin' to Joel for awhile. Maybe they worked out something. ~J/W.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
          Take some of that hard-earned green and get one of these:

Ron
          I offered one up for free. I finally threw it away a month ago.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Well I learned JW is athletic and 47

:D
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
              Well I learned JW is athletic and 47

:D
              At one time, so was O.J. Simpson
              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Yeah,but He KILLED His Wife....and the 'action' on the side :o ;D. ~J/W.

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
                  Today I made $600 in 40 minutes. Had a Guy 'an His Son come down from someplace called 'Berkley Heights MI.' They bought my '87 Monte-SS 'Areo-Coupe' Trunklid/rear Glass/Bumper & Taillights...crap I've had for over 12 years that did nothing but sit around doing nothing.
                  Not to split hairs, but it took you 12 years to make $600. That's $50 a year. That's like... almost a dollar a week!

Comment

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
                    Original Carjunkie TV Member

Comment

Aero coupes were only made in 86 (rare) and 87 and limited at that. They were happy to fine those parts.Thats fair of you to sell them for 600 bucks.Good for you.It is better they will be used than to sit around in a shed someplace.

Comment

Originally posted by Screaming Detroit
                        ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
                        Right there with you. No pics, didn't happen.
                        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu
                          Not to split hairs, but it took you 12 years to make $600. That's $50 a year. That's like... almost a dollar a week!
                          $50 a year....that reminds me of a really rowdy Richard Pryor joke that I won't repeat here, but LMAO

Bob, you threw the camera away? Really? Damn it, now we'll NEVER get those pics......blasted luck..... ;D

Hi J-Dub!

Smoke

Comment

I did. It was sitting on the table for months just getting in my way. I'm going to her house, you just wait and see.
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

*cue Mission Impossible theme*

Comment

Working...
                              X