X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Racers: What if?

Originally posted by A/Fuel
    Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
    I think this is the simplest way to put this, Life Sucks, Life isn't fair, Life is not catered to you, so get over it.

If they changed rules in your class and you can't run in it anymore, move to another class, if there is no other class, then make one that caters to your vehicle and others like it.......
    I can tell you've never raced in a "class" before.
    I may have not raced in a class, but that doesn't mean you go on the internet and cry about a rule change. I understand that lots of money was spent to build a car a certain way and it does suck that they changed the rules to not allow certain cars. But that's life, the fact is your just a participant you don't make the rules, you just need to abide by them. So what it comes down to is go to another class or don't race. Because all the crying in the world isn't going to get them to change the rules.

And as for time, 60 days is way more than enough time for a race team to build a car, hell the guys at OverHaul'n completely redo cars in a week.........

Comment

And as for time, 60 days is way more than enough time for a race team to build a car, hell the guys at OverHaul'n completely redo cars in a week.........
      Yeah cause most class racers have entire teams and 24 hours a day to work on the car, on top of the unlimited budget :
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I think this is the simplest way to put this, Life Sucks, Life isn't fair, Life is not catered to you, so get over it.

If they changed rules in your class and you can't run in it anymore, move to another class, if there is no other class, then make one that caters to your vehicle and others like it.......
        I can tell you've never raced in a "class" before.

I may have not raced in a class, but that doesn't mean you go on the internet and cry about a rule change. I understand that lots of money was spent to build a car a certain way and it does suck that they changed the rules to not allow certain cars. But that's life, the fact is your just a participant you don't make the rules, you just need to abide by them. So what it comes down to is go to another class or don't race. Because all the crying in the world isn't going to get them to change the rules.

I can tell you've never built a racecar before either, but it looks like you watch a lot of TV, LOL

(wow, i screwed that up, but it's fixed now)
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

And that is precisely why I will not be spending a bunch of $$$ on their entry fees this year ... I don't like the program, I change the channel!

If changing rules, the rule makers need to give at least the entire off season as notice ....
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

That's not always the case, last year after Mark Niver was killed they said we had to have carbon brakes. We were lucky and already had a couple of sets, but I know a few guys that didn't and there stuff was parked. $4000 might not seem like a lot, but $4000 is $4000, and if you wanted to race in the NHRA you had to come up with it pretty quick.
            Originally posted by TC

Comment

Not really talking about safety issues, more along the lines of what Ron is talking about .... Changing the rules to stop one competitor from dominating.

Making a suspension/engine trans combo "illegal" all of a sudden is a bunch of crap. Give them the off season to either change the car or decide that a different class is where they need to be.

Comment

We get that too, This is the first year in a while that they haven't screwed with the fuel.
                It takes a while to get a handle on it everytime the drop the percentage, and a lot of times it means new rods and pistons.
                Do you ever wonder if the other guys are sandbagging just waiting or lobying for a rule change?
                Originally posted by TC

Comment

Yea, and maybe its more human nature, but once the seed is planted that there needs to be changes, I think a majority of the non competitive guys jump on the bandwagon so they will be able to move up in the class, and once that turd starts rolling ....

And my particular bitch is more about the rules being relaxed and allowing dedicated bracket cars to compete in what is supposed to be a street car class. Do I still race it? Yes, and I've beat some of the bracket guys too! But if you're going to put rules in writing, and only selectively enforce them ... well guess what?....my $$$ spends just as good elsewhere. Can you say Drag Week?...... I figure if I take the $100 I spend in entry fees/fuel and track food every weekend and put it in my sock, by Sept I'll have enough to cover DW!

Comment

That's not always the case, last year after Mark Niver was killed they said we had to have carbon brakes. We were lucky and already had a couple of sets, but I know a few guys that didn't and there stuff was parked. $4000 might not seem like a lot, but $4000 is $4000, and if you wanted to race in the NHRA you had to come up with it pretty quick.
                    stu had carbo fiber brakes 4 years ago , he also has a strange housing for the rear , not a fabricated thin sheetmetal housing to mount the chutes to

I see what that guy goes through to run a TA/D , it really is a sport for tax cheats and drug dealers LOL

Comment

Stu is a pretty cool guy, he was pitted next to us at Bradenton and West Palm. I like his storys in the stageing lanes while we waited for what seemed like hours to run.....

Tax cheats and drug dealers huh? That sounds kinda mild compared to some of the stuff we have thought of.
                      Originally posted by TC

Comment

Races are won at the track and in the rule book. You have to be prepared for both.

Comment

I've had to deal with stuff like this before, way back when I was running in Super Stock. You would hold your breath till you opened the pages of National Dragster to find out if some NHRA whiz had listened to some whiney competitor and refactored your horsepower rating and pushed you up into another class.

Comment

Working...
                          X